Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 21 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Ethernet connection using a powered netgear hub

because your question doesn't make since. All i see anyone answering here is what you asked.
You asked if you can use a tivo box over ethernet only. The answer is no. The reason and options are the other posts above.

you not liking the answer doesn't make it wrong

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Ashg
Up to speed
Message 22 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Ethernet connection using a powered netgear hub

Man LOL The fact that it has to be connected via a coax cable is a given, I'm not a moron. My question was switch related but as I said I now know the answer. 

Sorry that you didn't understand because I used the word "just" in my question. Just did not mean only . jbrennand understood my question and what I mean't by using a  netgear Ethernet five point powered switch instead of Wi-Fi  or a powerline booster..

To make it simple for you. At present I have an Ethernet cable going from my VM Hub in the back room  to a netgear Ethernet five point powered switch (hub) in the front room. All of my internet related devices are plugged into that (Sky.PS, DVD, smart TV). The V6 box will be connect to that switch via Ethernet cable and of cause the coax cable as well! I was just asking if anyone had any issues doing the Ethernet connection in that manor.

0 Kudos