cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 ERROR M63

scottbay28
Tuning in

So hacked off - V6 box in bedroom has suddenly decided our account is not set up correctly and has given M63 error code - service message tells us to go to virginmedia.com/tvcode and you end up with ooops, can't find that!

WE ARE IN THE LAST MONTH OF 18 MONTH CONTRACT - WHAT IS GOING OFF? CAN'T GET THRO TO ANYONE - THE CHAT BOT IS A WASTE OF SPACE AND I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING TO HELP ME RESOLVE IT - ARGGGGGGHHH 😡

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

M63 is often an account-related error, is this preventing live TV viewing?

If you're able, try following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to VM services now. Does this report success on the left?

Are you able to swap your 2 boxes around, to prove it's a box issue? You'll likely either need to call in to resolve this, or wait here for staff to pickup.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, no we can watch live TV but there's no information given on the banner. Not messing about swapping boxes. It's been fine for 17 months and we've not done anything with our settings.

Tried the fix you suggested but nothing. Done the old switch off and back on with no joy as well. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@scottbay28 wrote:

Tried the fix you suggested but nothing

Can you explain what "nothing" means?

Are you seeing successful calls-home every 6hours on the LHS?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @scottbay28,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of your TV issues. Please could you go to home using your remote control and go down to Help and settings> settings> Network> and select Connect to the Virgin Media services now. This connection test can take up to four hours to compete depending on the volume of information it needs to load.

Regards,

Steven_L

I've done all that several times and whilst it "completed", nothing changed. 

I ended up switching everything off and unplugging. When it reloaded, it was back to normal.  The very next day, the same thing happened on our main box downstairs - is this something to do with our contract coming to an end next week - the internet has been really poor the last few weeks as well with constant drop outs!! 

Hi @scottbay28

Thank you for your reply

Sorry to hear about your issues! This is certainly nothing relating to your contract end date, are you still experiencing the same issues with your service(s) now, how has your connection been since your last post?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's been OK.

The problem I'm having now is gettin through to you Jokers to cancel my services. 

Rang 03454541111 and was told it would be quicker to text. Started texting and they said it would be far better through WhatsApp. Started with WhatsApp and they advised I needed to ring 03454541111 - over half an hour and I had literally gotten nowhere!!

Told them to cancel everything and they transferred me to "Customer Relations" on WhatsApp - A further 2 and a half hours later and they just keep apologising for delay then "disconnecting" and going back thro the same routine - apologise, am I still connected, do I want to continue ......... And repeat !!!

Absolute joke of a company! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@scottbay28 wrote:

Rang 03454541111 and was told it would be quicker to text.

So ignore the encouragement to hang-up and wait on the line?

Yes, I kind of get that know, but at the time, I was told it would be quicker to deal with it thro those channels - how do you legislate for this - how can they profess to be Customer Relations and treat Customers in that manner - this is after sending a message explaining they're busy but to save waiting, I can get on with my day and they will respond as soon as someone is available - in the space of 5 minutes, they've responded, asked if I'm still connected and then disconnected - unbelievable! 

Screenshot_20220518_211437_com.whatsapp.jpg