Menu
caveman38
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V6 Dolby Digital - Without Swiching

I can receive DD from my V6 via Optical out to my Denon AVR. However it doesn't automatically switch and I have to go to Remote Control / Info / Audio Track (LHS) and select DD assuming it is available.

Before I had an old Tivo and DD was always hit and miss (especially on recordings) and I had it set to PCM permanently. Now I have the V6 and the opportunity to listen to films in surround sound, I'd like to be able to have it without first finding out if it's supported and then switching. I'd rather it was automatic.

Is this possible?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Dolby Digital - Without Swiching

Hi I have amp set on auto so whatever sound mode is being broadcast it automatically finds it, you must have your V6 set to Dolby digital, I have an digital optical direct from amp to the TV which works perfectly.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cueball99
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My V6 automatically outputs to DD whenever its broadcast. Do you have the V6 set to DD as LittleMick suggests?

0 Kudos
caveman38
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is set to DD. My AVR is set to Auto and works correctly as if I change devices eg. DVD, then it will respond with DD or DTS. Unfortunately with the V6 it remains on ProLogic unless I manually select DD from the menu on Info.

0 Kudos
caveman38
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My playback is always " Audio Description English" and has to be toggled to DD. I've read on other posts that you have to turn "Audio Description" off. Where do I do that?

0 Kudos
caveman38
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK, I've found it. Perhaps someone can explain what it all means.

In the Settings menu. Audio set up apart from the DD selection, there is. Alternate Audio / Default Audio Language. My one was set default as Audio Description. When I changed that to English my automatic DD switching started to work.

I'm happy, obviously. But WHY?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The Audio Description setting is an aid for the partially sighted, whereby a voice over describes what  is happening on screen.

caveman38
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying that I have introduced a voice over in English on certain channels as a result of getting my DD to switch

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I'm afraid you have, the settings you want are in the main help & settings list, also there is a handy list of how to operate the functions under Help, that talks you through in simple language how to work the system & short cuts.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@caveman38 wrote:

Are you saying that I have introduced a voice over in English on certain channels as a result of getting my DD to switch

No absolutely the opposite.  You have switched off AD which was stopping the auto switch to DD.