cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Connection issue.

jdoc
Tuning in

I have had V6 box for 6 months. For last 2 weeks it has stopped connecting to VM services so I cannot get TV guide or record. Restarting has not resolved the issue. All other devices are connected to internet and working fine. Network settings says network cable unplugged, but I use WiFi and it is not showing any available networks. This box is too far from router to use cable...any thoughts appreciated!

23 REPLIES 23

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for confirming - there was some confusion with other replies to this thread so it's useful to confirm your problem is "in-hand".

The WiFi pods/boosters may well improve your wireless signal, but if your V6 isn't seeing any WiFi networks (including a hotspot presumbly inches away) then it's not an issue of signal quality, I agree.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for the update jdoc.

We appreciate this, as it will help our other members who are experiencing the same issues. 

Please keep us posted with how the technicians visit goes, we would love to know if this issue gets resolved once and for all.

If you have any issues in the meantime please come back to us through this channel. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks to all for your thoughts on this. Had a visit from VM engineer this week and issue is resolved. As I suspected it was a box problem rather than a WiFi one. As soon as he put a new box there it picked up WiFi signals so I exchanged boxes and all seems to be working fine fingers crossed!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jdoc,

Thank you for updating the thread on your issue and resolution!

Glad to hear that the technician was able to resolve your issue by replacing your faulty TV box!

We're glad that your V6 box can connect to your WiFi now. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs