Menu
AndyC78
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box

I have received a letter informing me that I need to upgrade to a new V6 box by 28th Feb. The letter suggests a web link, but when this is followed it just takes you to the general Virginmedia website. I could be being thick, but I have spent the best part of two hours trying to find anywhere where a V6 box can be ordered. Even searching under help only provides details of recording programmes etc. assuming you already have it. I am at the stage of wondering whether the letter is some kind of scam! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to actually order a V6 box?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box

See
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TV-services-stopping-on-28th-Feb/td-p/3911537

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy C78, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Have you been able to locate the website or speak to the team in order to arrange the upgrade for the box?

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
AndyC78
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Thanks for responses so far. I was a bit concerned having read some of the other comments and despite having spent at least two hours going around in circles I gave in and engaged in an 'instant message' conversation with someone. They were quite helpful, though ultimately the aim was to sell me a more expensive package, which I declined. I managed to keep the package I have and they agreed to send the V6 box out. However, as others have noted, you then get charged a £5 delivery charge which seems a bit outrageous when I have received a letter (which states that it is free) asking me to upgrade or I will lose TV channels (which I am already paying for!). Having spent an hour with someone trying to resolve the matter, overall being £5 worse off seemed like a good deal relative to being stitched up on a more expensive package. Hopefully the box will arrive on Saturday.

Cheers 

0 Kudos