Highlighted
ds2019
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box

Hello,

I had my V6 TV box installed today.

I was wondering do all the V6 boxes have the same storage capacity?

Are there some V6 boxes with larger storage?

Thank you, Drew

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box

All V6 boxes have 1TB storage capacity. The UK V6 boxes are the only ones with storage. Those now being introduced in other countries with Liberty Global cable networks use cloud storage & this may come to the UK in the not too distant future.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ds2019
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your answer.

One quick other thing, with no recordings so far, in system info  and recording capacity it reads 'up to 120 hours for HD', is this correct for 1TB box?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ds2019 wrote:

Thank you for your answer.

One quick other thing, with no recordings so far, in system info  and recording capacity it reads 'up to 120 hours for HD', is this correct for 1TB box?

Thank you.

This is now unlikely be correct. The figure given relates to HD as it was broadcast on Virgin using MPEG2 DVB-C format. The format of most channels has now been upgraded to MPEG4 DVB-C2 a considerably higher compression rate. Therefore in most cases the bit rates of these channels is far less than it used to be & the V6 capacity should be much higher.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos