cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box will not connect to by WiFi to Hub

Tricky1001
Tuning in

Hi all, been struggling to connect my second box in my kitchen to the internet since WiFi went down last week. WiFi now working and router and living room hub working fine. 
Box in kitchen works for tv but no on demand etc as no internet. Done numerous resets but no luck - keeps coming up with a N27 code saying cable unplugged but it is not connected to the hub via a cable - should be by WiFi. When I connect to WiFi on the kitchen box it says it is successful but  then immediately says the same failure and no internet connection.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tricky1001 

Double check your V6 box and make sure that it hasn't got an ethernet cable plugged in. If it has then you need to remove it as it will prevent the V6 making a WiFi connection.

I would also double check the white coaxial cable is snug and tight and not kinked. 

Have you followed the online help for https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/N27  ?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, thanks for replying.

No cable attached and nothing changed to this setup since it was set up over a year ago.

Yes coaxial cable is all fixed - no problems and yes tried all the fixes on that online help - but nothing seems to work!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does the network connections screen report in the top-right?

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

Are you able to connect an Ethernet cable to the V6, just to try toggling the WiFi disabled/enabled? Even if it's connected to thin-air at the other end.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tricky1001

Thanks for getting back to us with these details. I'm sorry to hear that nothing has worked for you so far. Did you try following @japitts advice regarding the network connections screen and connecting an ethernet cable to the V6? Please do keep us posted on how you're getting on!

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena,

Thanks for the contact. Was just going to post that amazingly I turned my tv on last night and it had all fixed itself!!

Don’t know how but just glad after around a week of being down I can eventually use the full system.

Thanks to you and the Community for feedback and taking the time to comment.

Tricky

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update @Tricky1001

I'm glad to hear things seem to have resolved themselves, that's great to hear. 

If you have any issues from here, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide