Menu
Highlighted
LInners
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box running with Onkyo Amp RC-771M

I am running an Onkyo Amp RC-771M with the V6 box.

Have had no problems with sound for years but recently when I switch on I have no sound on the TV .

I have sound connection to Dolby digital on the Virgin settings.

I have restarted my hub several times and on 2 occasions I have seen message 233 pop up.

Sound is up and down when I switch channels but support say there is no problem with my system and it must be my amp.

Sound runs ok after much fiddling between channels and restarting the V6.

Don't want to replace the costly amp if it could be the V6 box.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box running with Onkyo Amp RC-771M

Hi doubt it's the amp, I connect my sound system with optical direct from amp to the TV and it works perfectly. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
LInners
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi LittleMick73

Thanks for the advice.

Weird thing while I was away as all my TV's needing to be restored with channels  too and the kitchen TV I think now needs a new aerial as no signal. Think the aliens have been in my house. Will reboot my hub again and see it that message 233 comes up again. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi LInners,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your TV sound via your amp.

It sounds like this may be related to a known issue, I do apologise that this wasn't spotted when you got in touch before. I can raise this with our TV team for you as an example to assist them with their work.

Taking a look at the backend of your services, your downstream power levels seem to be a little low. Have you been having any problems with your broadband service at all?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
LInners
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have been having some blocking on my screen but have tightened connections and it seems ok now. Sometimes it affects my music channels but a twiddle with the V6 box connection usually fixes it. Broadband service is a little slow sometimes.

I did see message 233 when I disconnected my hub but I have done this again and reconnected to the service and it didn't come up again.

I actually have now reset my sound on my Onkyo Amp and it seems to have got the sound back but I need to sync the picture again with the sound but will find out how to do that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Linners. 

It does sound like you have got everything working again apart from your issue with broadband speed. Is your broadband slow from a WiFi and wired connection or just WiFI?

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
LInners
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Just WIFI

Actually I am still having sound problems and do think it is my Amp as I have switched to TV speakers and it all seems to be ok so going to talk to someone about replacing the Amp.

Thanks

Lynne

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us LInners.

I hope that you can get your amp sorted so that you can enjoy your tv viewing.

Please could you have a look at the following tips to improve Wifi signal strength and speed or have you tried to use the connect app to see if there any WiFi blackspots in your house? 

virg.in/wifihelp

virg.in/WiFiwins

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos