cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box making loud noise

ryan180680
Tuning in

My V6 box has started to make a very loud noise similar to a did player when the disc is loading up. But the noise is constant. Assuming the hard drive has given up. Also the remote isn't very reactive to the box when it is really bright however I was under the impression this doesn't use an infrared red connection like older boxes so this shouldn't be happening should it? Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The noise you're describing could well be physical problems with the hard drive, as for the remote - have you tried changing the batteries?

If you do have HDD problems, you can either call into report them (150 or 0345 4541111) or wait for staff to respond on here - this might take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ryan180680,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having these issues with your TV box and the remote recently. Are these issues ongoing today? I can see that @japitts has recommended calling. Have you spoke with the team about this, or do you still need our assistance on this today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

ryan180680
Tuning in

I'm still having issues. I've yet to call as I'm very busy with work. Can you help at all? Thanks 

Hi @ryan180680,

Thank you for confirming. Just before we proceed any further, is the TV box located in an area where it is well ventilated? Sometimes if it's overheating a little it can cause these noise problems.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

ryan180680
Tuning in

Hi. Yes it is. Its been in the same location since being installed years ago. Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us ryan180680,

It seems that we need to take a closer look at this for you. As you have already tried the above what our community VIP has recommend and that the box is well ventilated but still making a noise it seems there is some fault somewhere.

Due to this I will pop you over a private message and take some details from you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi ryan180680,

Just a quick note to say and appointment has been made for a technician to attend to get this issue resolved.

You can check here if you need to re-schedule or cancel this appointment.

Kind regards Jodi.