cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box making a buzzing noise and rebooting.

mark1ee
Up to speed

Hey Guys

My V6 box has started to make an annoying loud buzzing noise and rebooting in the last few days, it's in a well ventilated space with nothing covering the vents or anything. Have restarted the box a couple of times but the noise just comes back. It also doesn't let us watch on demand a lot of the time, not sure if that's related or not though?

Would you say this needs to be replaced at all?

Thanks 

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Hayley

I called your tech teams on the weekend and they have advised that the V6 is being replaced, I haven't had any confirmation of this taking place. Is this something you can check at all please? Many Thanks

Now it seems I have been lied to by online chat service after checking that my delivery today would include a replacement V6 and the 360 Mini box, they advised it would have all the items. I have only received the Mini Box and not the replacement V6 or new remote???

Hi @mark1ee,

Thank you for expanding on the situation. I'm very sorry to hear that there's been some complications with the delivery.

Has a V6 since arrived, or have you spoke with the team since your post to resolve this? Let us know if the problem is still present, and if so we can take a closer look at what's going on for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

We had an engineer round to check everything and he updated the software on the main V6 to 360, we still have the buzzing noise coming from the box and on occasion the box will stop outputting a picture and display the spinning wheel on the TV screen for a few seconds before the picture comes back.

Is there anything you can do to replace the box at all?

Many Thanks

The box is now getting worse, sound is not being outputted randomly through the box, I have checked the sound bar and the TV speakers and they both work when running apps from the Smart TV, is there anything you can do about this please mate? 

Hi @mark1ee

Sorry to hear this issue is getting worse for you. I'd like to run through some checks with you on your TV. I will continue this through private message. Please look out for my PM in your inbox. Hopefully get this resolved for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley