cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box issue

Gordy1973
Joining in

Hi, ever since there was a powercut in my area there has been n issue with my TV V6 box, the media content/adverts you see are no longer displayed.

there is an error code of C133 but unable to report on this. I have reset/rebooted and disconnected all cables ad reconnected and nothing works.

any advice welcome

thanks Gordon

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Gordon,

Have you also rebooted the hub?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

yes, everything has been rebooted several times.

I logged a call today with Virgin and an engineer is coming out next week, however miraculously it seems to have fixed itself after

thanks for your reply

Gordon

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For future reference..

@Gordy1973 wrote:

there is an error code of C133 but unable to report on this. I have reset/rebooted and disconnected all cables ad reconnected and nothing works.

This is usually a symptom of the V6 losing connection with the TiVo platform. A good fix is often...

1: Check that the V6's internet connection is working ok by trying to use OnDemand and/or following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and looking in the top-right

2: Assuming all is good there, "Connect to Virgin Media services now" at the bottom of the screen, this forces a manual connection.

The box will automatically reconnect every 6hours, so there's a good chance that's what got yours working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Gordy1973

Hope your okay 

Can I just ask if the issue has resolved itself or do you still have the engineer booked to come out?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

now fixed and engineer cancelled

cheers

Gordy