cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box in Bedroom can’t see V6 box in Living Room

wjk45
On our wavelength

I have my main V6 box in the living room (LR) and a second V6 box in the bedroom. (B). All has been well for years since yesterday. 

Both boxes are on the same network and are connected by TP-Link Mesh devices hard wired via Ethernet. Both boxes are listed as connected via Ethernet when viewing diagnostics, Box LR can play recordings from Box B without issue, but Box B will not connect to Box LR and suggests that Box LR is not connected to the network which of course it is. Both boxes can be accessed on my mobile phone using the Virgin TV Control app.

I have rebooted the Virgin modem and all my Mesh devices and powered on/off both boxes without success, any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried restarting them in alternate sequences, so box A then box B, or box B then box A?

I'm usually sceptical about needing to reboot the router in cases such as these - after all, if both boxes can use VoD ok then the internet connection is proven ok - however, if symptoms are strange, assume nothing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

wjk45
On our wavelength

Nobody any ideas?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried restarting them in alternate sequences, so box A then box B, or box B then box A?

I'm usually sceptical about needing to reboot the router in cases such as these - after all, if both boxes can use VoD ok then the internet connection is proven ok - however, if symptoms are strange, assume nothing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wjk45
On our wavelength

Just tried what you have suggested and reversed the order or rebooting the V6's and it seems to have worked.

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Hi @wjk45,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post!

Glad to see what was suggested by @japitts appears to have worked 🙂

If you need anything else, give us a shout. 

Have a lovely day!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs