cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box and Firestick

Blighty
Joining in

I'm no techie but have a smart LG TV with only 1 HDMI Port and need to plug in V6 Box and Amazon Fire stick, can I buy a spltter to do this and does it need to be a certain type?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The obvious thing is that if your TV is a 4K/UHD model, VM do require HDCP2.2 compliance on all your connected equipment to watch VoD in 2160p, and tht could easily be extended.

So any HDMI splitter would need to be of this standard. There's some background info at https://www.cnet.com/news/hdcp-2-2-what-you-need-to-know/ 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It mentions 4K, but I'd want to see explicit mention of HDCP-2.2, personally.

Without that, you can't assume it is compliant.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The obvious thing is that if your TV is a 4K/UHD model, VM do require HDCP2.2 compliance on all your connected equipment to watch VoD in 2160p, and tht could easily be extended.

So any HDMI splitter would need to be of this standard. There's some background info at https://www.cnet.com/news/hdcp-2-2-what-you-need-to-know/ 

Thanks so much so would below work ok?

4K Bi-Direction HDMI 2.0 Cable Switch Switcher Splitter Hub

2 Input 1 Output or 1 Input 2 Output
HDMI Switch with Bi-Directional function and HDCP Passthrough allows you to connect two 
high-definition HDMI sources like Blu-ray or PS4 to a single HDMI display. It also allows you to output single high-definition source to two displays.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It mentions 4K, but I'd want to see explicit mention of HDCP-2.2, personally.

Without that, you can't assume it is compliant.