Menu
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box: Various issues since Quick Start kit install

Engineer has been. 

He did the same as 1st engineer, except box swap as he said a box swap won't solve the issue. 

He showed me a fault ticket, which said TiVo & V6 Activation Issues. Ticket said that the boxes will be stuck trying to verify/activate resulting in no VoD/Catchup TV/TV Control App not working. 

He said that fault has now been linked to my account and should hopefully be fixed within 24-48 hours. If not, then I'm to phone back and stress that sending an engineer isn't needed as they can't fix the issue. It needs fixing their end. Shame I forgot to ask him to write down the fault reference for me 😕

Told him I'm not happy as I haven't got the full service I pay for. He said I should get compensation from Virgin Media. Told him that I've tried and faults said I only get compensation if I have a total lost of service. Engineer said tho at silly as you pay for a full TV service which you don't have and should be compensated for. 

Engineer told me to switch off V6 nightly around midnight for about 5-10 minutes then switch back on and see if it activates. If after Monday night's reboot, it still hasn't activated then I'm to phone on Tuesday morning. 

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Still no joy. 

Phoned faults. 

Tried everything including putting super hub 3 in router mode and still the v6 won't fully activate. 

Still no catchup tv or on demand service. 

This box is not fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi there daveo77

We are sorry to hear that this is continuing.

We'd like help on here and take a look at your account if that's OK?

We'll send you a private message in a moment just to get some details.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Just an update. 

There is a fault which causes the issues I've been having. Fault reference number is F007110028. 

Not sure when this fault will be fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I've replied to your private message daveo77

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this please.

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Received the following email today...

Hello, We’re really sorry about your recent loss of service.

The problem’s now been fixed and you should be up and running again.

If you’re still experiencing any issues with your service, please call 0345 454 1111* and let us know. We think holding our hands up when things go wrong is just as important as getting them right in the first place.

That’s why you’ll see a credit on your next bill to make up for this. The credit you get will be £8 per day, for every day’s delay that was our fault, starting 2 full working days after you reported it to us. Your bill will show a breakdown of the credit.

...but I still have no catch-up or on demand services. I have rebooted the box and changed my router's DNS services back to Virgin Media's DNS servers, and still no joy. System Info page still shows '22: Staging'.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 28 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried the factory reset?
Turn the V6 off with the switch at the back of the box
Hold the + and standby buttons together and then turn the box on and wait till you see the welcome screen on tv then release the buttons.
Are you connecting the box to the Hub by ethernet cable?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Not tried factory reset, as that means I lose all recordings & scheduled programmes

Tried connecting to hub via ethernet cable.

Will give factory reset a go, after I get scheduled recordings written do or photographed.
0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Just tried a factory reset as you suggested, and it installed software then got to menu, noticed a message envelope, opened message and it mentioned account not setup properly (M63) error, then selected Connect to VM Service now. Waiting for it to load information.

Not yet sure if this has resolved the issue.

I have the hub in router mode and the V6 connected to the hub via a long ethernet cable.

0 Kudos