Menu
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box: Various issues since Quick Start kit install

Engineer has swapped box and still we have the same issues.

No catch tv - says temporarily unavailable

No VoD - says temporarily unavailable

TV Control App - Logs into my Virgin Media account without issue then throws an error: No valid Virgin TV Control account. You have signed in successfully, but no valid TV account can be found. This may be because your account has not been set up yet, or your account may have been suspended.

Virgin Media Account Status - 22: Staging

VoD State: NOT_VALID

Engineer raised a ticket then said it should be working in 24-48 hours. He also said this should of been sorted over the phone. It didn't need an engineer visit, as there wasn't much he could do that I haven't already done or tried. 

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Well it's been 48 hours and it's still NOT fixed. 

Where do I stand now and what can I do???

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Spoken again to faults.

They said all is fine their end even after ticket raised with IT department, that came back all is fine.

They're sending out another engineer on Saturday morning.

Not sure what the 2nd engineer can do that the 1st engineer could do, and 1st engineer DID say nothing can be done from this end, it's an account issue at VM's end.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 14 of 36
Flag for a moderator

It may wll be an account issue - try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm [early is best!]) you will usually get a UK call centre who are more helpful and understanding and will be at least able to tell you your account status and whether it has any bearing on this or whether its just a technical problem.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Just tried this and they passed me through to faults as they said they are unable to communicate with the box.

Faults said there is nothing further they can do and I'm to await Saturday morning's appointment.

VM won't even compensate me for not having the full service that I am paying for.

Not happy.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 16 of 36
Flag for a moderator

OK at least you know what the problem is. They only compensate for "total loss of service".

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 36
Flag for a moderator

All I know of what the problem is no catchup or on demand services.

They asked me to try hub in both router and modem mode, and that still hasn't got the box to activate fully.

Box says '22: Staging' on System Info page. From what I understand, that means the box is still trying to activate but it can't for some reason.

How long I continue to have access to TV & recordings in this mode is anyone's guess.

Seems like I have an expensive door-stop at the moment.

Had a feeling coming back to VM for TV (have always had broadband & phone with them since 1999) wasn't such a good idea as I had a fully working Freesat system (just missed having Now 80s & Now 90s).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the issues you've been having daveo77.

If the team have advised that they cant communicate with the box, unfortunately you would need to wait for the engineers visit on Saturday to have the issue resolved as we will only use the same methods and tests to try and fix the issue, as when you called in.

Please get in touch again after the engineers has visited your home and let us know if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 36
Flag for a moderator

What can the 2nd engineer do that the 1st engineer hasn't already done.

1st engineer has already done the following (as have I)...

Swapped box, checked signal levels, asked me to switch from my own router to the super hub 3, asked me to switch from Wi-Fi to Ethernet, rebooted the box several times, fully reset the box back to fresh install (twice per box).

...and none of this has worked.

0 Kudos
oflix
Tuning in
Message 20 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@Cueball99 wrote:

There's your issue, the V6 needs a direct connection to the VM Hub at least once to initialise fully.

Take your router out of the equation and then reboot the V6 box, try on demand and then the apps, if working you should then be able to add your router back into the network and the V6 should be ok.

This actually isn't the case. Mine was installed fine and has not had a direct connection to the VM Hub at any time.

Installation was easy. Hardest part was scrabbling around behind the tv and finding all the wires. Looks like the wire monster has had a field day behind there.

0 Kudos