Menu
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box: Various issues since Quick Start kit install

I setup my V6 box (Quick Start kit) yesterday and activated it, but since then I've noticed the following issue...

No Catch-Up TV
No On-Demand Service
Netflix - Loads to logo then quits with an error: Netflix is loading onto the Tivo box. Pleas wait a moment and try starting Netflix again. (V312).
TV Control App - Logs into my Virgin Media account without issue then throws an error: No valid Virgin TV Control account. You have signed in successfully, but no valid TV account can be found. This may be because your account has not been set up yet, or your account may have been suspended.

Phoned faults, and they said to wait 48 hours and try again, but have booked an engineer for Tuesday morning, tho I can cancel if not needed.

If this is correct, then it would help Virgin Media if they put this information within their setup guide that comes with the quick start kit. It would save a lot of unnecessary phone calls regarding fresh installs and waiting 48 hours.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box: Various issues since Quick Start kit install

What Hub model do you have and how is your V6 connected to it? What does it report about that connection in.... Home>Help>Settings> Network>Connection ?
If by wireless, then try and connect them with an ethernet cable switch them both off, leave 5' restart the Hub leave 2-3 minutes until its connected then start the V6. see if that sorts it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I have Super Hub 3 in Modem Mode as I use my own router (Asus RT-AC68U).

V6 box is connected by Ethernet to a powerline adapter.

Network on V6 says Ethernet 192.168.1.196 Connected.

Going to try via Wi-Fi to see if that makes a difference.

Still no joy.

System Info > Diagnostics: VOD State: NOT_VALID

System Info > System Info: Virgin Media Service Account Status: 22 Staging

Media Access Key: Temporarily not available

Notice in another post that it was a known fault with VOD & Catch Up TV and that it should be fixed by 3rd May.

Looks like it's still not fixed.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

There's your issue, the V6 needs a direct connection to the VM Hub at least once to initialise fully.

Take your router out of the equation and then reboot the V6 box, try on demand and then the apps, if working you should then be able to add your router back into the network and the V6 should be ok.

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Tried that and still no joy.

Seems like box hasn't fully activated.

VM Faults told me it can take upto 72 hours to fully activate (was told 48 hours previously).

They have booked a engineers appointment for Tuesday morning just in case, if working before then, then they said I can cancel the appointment via phone or text.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

They are talking rubbish they activate instantly - at least my 3 did. Try this.
Put the Hub back into router mode and pull your router out of the system and the powerlines. Switch Hub and V6 off and unplug for 5 minutes. Switch Hub on and wait a minute or two until other devices show it as connecting to the network. Plug a good quality Cat5e/6 cable in between the Hub and the V6 (get a longer length if you need one for this operation - Cat5e is cheap). Swithch the V6 on and it should initialise and set up - can take 20-30 minutes first time up. If that works, great revert to your old set up. If it doesnt call them right back and say this should be working and it isnt - activate the box instantly now and/or wait for the technician to sort it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I've already tried that this morning then posted just before your post saying no joy. 

Just checked V6 and it still shows 22: Staging and VOD State: NOT_VALID.

Spoken to faults on phone and they said box is activated on their end and that I need to wait for engineer visit to get MAK/VOD/Catch Up not available issue resolved (hopefully).

Told them if not fixed then they can have the V6 back as it is not fit for purpose and to reduce my monthly cost down accordingly. 

Never had activation issues before, so how come now 😞 

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Done a full reset of box and now get an M63 error. 

Clicked 'Connect to VM service now' to see if this fixes it. 

0 Kudos
daveo77
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Clicking 'Connect to VM service now' has not fixed the issues.

Also, I have changed my router's DNS to Virgin Media's DNS to see if this is causing the issues.

Will check in the morning before engineer gets here.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a dodgy box then. Hopefully the engineer will swap it over and get it all working.

0 Kudos