cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

😂😂😂
This thread just gets better and better

(You couldn't make this up)
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

@Higuys wrote:

The good news is that if you go back to Sky in 12 months the HDMI splitter etc will come in handy because the new Sky box also has no scart or RF output.

So, Sky has levelled the playing field down to VM's V6.

And I note that whilst BT's Youview+ has SCART and composite video, its Ultra HD version is lacking these sockets. It's only a matter of time before the only way to get video from any box is from its HDMI socket.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

😂 Hilarious ......
The manufacturers of these HDMI splitter boxes are going to clean up and make a fortune

[come on VM managers pull your finger out and come-up with an Add-On pack for Scart RF users]

🤔 I wonder if Dragons' Den would be interested 🤔

It was an issue with the new Sky box that brought me to VM in the first place.

In case you werent aware the new LNB that they fit to the dish for SkyQ is not compatible with FreeSat. Brilliant eh !

BT
SKY
VM
How do they all get dressed in a morning? 🤔

They must be conditioning Us ....
But conditioning Us for what ?

There is a Q LNB which works with Freesat - the hybrid LNB. It's not installed by default though...

@TrojanC wrote:
BT
SKY
VM
How do they all get dressed in a morning? 🤔

They must be conditioning Us ....
But conditioning Us for what ?

"You are getting so much from our powerful boxes. Don't they look so small and elegant as they don't have sockets for SCART, component video, composite video or S-video? Stop wingeing about your DVD recorders and awful TVs with SCART sockets and think of this as a great opportunity to upgrade your TVs, AV receivers and amps. One day you ungrateful peasants will thank us for helping you to get out of the 20th century."

--

Wow gooner 🙉

gaz, you are just stubborn in hanging onto five old TVs. Smiley Wink

--