cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Why when I reply to a posting does it not go to that person but gets jumbled in with the rest making my reply indecipherable.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@siarad wrote:

Why when I reply to a posting does it not go to that person but gets jumbled in with the rest making my reply indecipherable.

If you want to associate your response with a previous post, you have to quote that post as I have done here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Ernie_C.

Sorry I can't see a quote button but normally on forums replies appear under the posting & offset or by some indication.

This doesn't really matter as I'm unlikely to post further.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@siarad wrote:

Thanks Ernie_C.

Sorry I can't see a quote button but normally on forums replies appear under the posting & offset or by some indication.

This doesn't really matter as I'm unlikely to post further.

quote.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Higuys wrote:

Be warned not all HDMI splitters work with the Virgin v6, I know that Neoteck and Esynic splitters do as I have used them both I also tried another make that didn't.

I have just returned one of my V6 boxes as i no longer need 2 so am about to sell my Promax modulator with a working splitter, with this unit you only need the splitter and the Promax box the HDMI lead goes into the Promax and connect the RF cable to the in and out connections and you have HD digital (not analogue)TV.

One word of warning this only works with HD televisions.

Have you tried HDMI over IP? 

Sorry I'm not sure what that means,,'HDMI over IP . I'm new to all this so could you please try and explain .

Higuys
On our wavelength

@Higuys wrote:

Be warned not all HDMI splitters work with the Virgin v6, I know that Neoteck and Esynic splitters do as I have used them both I also tried another make that didn't.

I have just returned one of my V6 boxes as i no longer need 2 so am about to sell my Promax modulator with a working splitter, with this unit you only need the splitter and the Promax box the HDMI lead goes into the Promax and connect the RF cable to the in and out connections and you have HD digital (not analogue)TV.

One word of warning this only works with HD televisions.

I have decided to sell my Promax with the HDMI splitter its on Ebay item number 153626211109 if anyone is interested

I have been thinking about upgrading to the V6 box but have been put off after reading how the scart output is deactivated making it quite complicated to be able to carry on viewing on other TVs around the house. I currently have a Tivo with Scart output that goes into an RF Modulator so just one piece of kit required..

However I have now found this modulator which will work from the HDMI output on V6 but also has an HDMI loopthrough (output) as well as RF which means the HDMI output can go straight to the local TV while the RF output can go to the other TV's without the need for an additional splitter. As far as I can se this means just the one piece of kit again which is what I want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Technomate-TM-RF-HD-IR-Loopthrough/dp/B0789H7JVD/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_to...

Does anyone know if this manufacturer usually produces a good product and has anyone already installed this particular modulator, the Amazon reviews seem pretty good but it would be nice to get some feedback on here if anyone has or is using it.

If it does do the job then hopefully I have provided useful info for something nice and simple that others can benefit from as well.

tazted2001
Joining in

Hi,

All of the sudden mine has stopped working on some HD channels, so I have had a play, now I get no signal on my kitchin Tv, just audio, I have a spare set up, and I have tried changing one item at a time, but its still the same, no picture just audio.

Any ideas please

Ted

I haven't got an answer but none of the latest TV boxes from VM, BT, TalkTalk or Sky support SCART, and any SCART conversion can be problematic with no official support. I suggest that you bite the bullet and investigate options such as:

• A second VM box (requires a coax cable)
  • A Skq Q mini running off a main Q box (requires a satellite dish)
  • Freeview (requires an aerial)
--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection