cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RonHelder wrote:

Thank you for this diagram, l am set up as the right side of diagram.

I have the aerial rf going through my dvd recorder, which is rarely used nowadays.

I am running ch. 36, will try ch.21

I think l will reconnect  the dvd with phono lead.

Onward and upward go the bills.😎

Which transmitter is your TV antenna pointing at?

If you find which channels it is using you will know what channels to avoid.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi thrre,

1/ Hdmi from box to hdmi splitter.

2/ Splitter to tv and a hdmi to scart adaptor.

3/ Adaptor to Mercury modulator via SCART cable.

4/ then you have 3 options. Coaxial cable, phono cable or scart outlet to whatever.

You also get an input coaxial socket.

I have had to buy extra equipment for every box upgrade, they are determined to stop us improvising our systems.

Good luck. 

Hi there, l solved the digital to analog this way.

1/ Hdmi from box to hdmi splitter.

2/ Splitter to tv and a hdmi to scart adaptor.

3/ Adaptor to Mercury modulator via SCART cable.

4/ then you have 3 options. Coaxial cable, phono cable or scart outlet to whatever.

You also get an input coaxial socket.

I have had to buy extra equipment for every box upgrade, they are determined to stop us improvising our systems.

Good luck. 

Frainie12
Tuning in

You Would Have to Buy a HDMI to Scart Converter as the Round Start Cable is Not enabled.

Hope this Helps.

Dan

Hi,

It seems you have the same set up as I have, I had the old Tivo box with the scart 'out' set up going to an RF modulator and its worked fine for years, I now have the new V6 without the scart 'out' so I've bought the splitter and the hdmi to scart converter and its not working. I'm wondering if I've bought the right converter, I've had it from Ebay for £8, could you let me have the details of yours.

Thanks,

Dave

Not quite sure what's not working.

My splitter, bought in the last century I think, works fine but NOT on V6.

Amazon HDMI TO SCART works but I only used it to make DVD. You must have one that is 4K compatible as the V6 is.

I'll try to see if my past order is still on Amazon: here it is but it seems you'll need to cut n paste, HDMI 1.3 compatible & I hope it helps.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GFPCHYA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use a Humax recorder which sends out on WiFi so more than one playing at a time the best I can say of V6 is 'it's a good start' now finish it. However the remote designer should be given double pay sheer genius except the weight as I keep dropping it

Higuys
On our wavelength

Be warned not all HDMI splitters work with the Virgin v6, I know that Neoteck and Esynic splitters do as I have used them both I also tried another make that didn't.

I have just returned one of my V6 boxes as i no longer need 2 so am about to sell my Promax modulator with a working splitter, with this unit you only need the splitter and the Promax box the HDMI lead goes into the Promax and connect the RF cable to the in and out connections and you have HD digital (not analogue)TV.

One word of warning this only works with HD televisions.

Thanks for your reply, how much would you want for the parts. David.

Sorry I didn't read your last sentence about ,it only works on HD televisions.
I only have old TV'S around the house.

So to just confirm,,,The HDMI splitter has to be , Neoteck or Esynic. Thats the 1 in , 2 out ?
What is the best HDMI to Scart to purchase ?

Thanks Again.

Higuys
On our wavelength

When I said that you need a HD TV I found that this worked on my 1080p TV's if i set the v6 box video to 1080I but only one of my 2 720 HD ready TV's had a picture, I only had sound on the other. The picture is perfect on the HD TV's

I am not sure about selling this yet but will think about it