cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Hi Jon not all HDMI splitters work with the V6 box I am using this Neoteck splitter 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Splitter-Splitters-Amplifier-Projector-Black/dp/B01M347UUU/ref=sr_1... first Splitter I tried didn't work with the V6 box.

I am confused about your getting 2160P because I now have a 4K TV and am only able to get 1080P as the output defaults to 1080P as my splitter is only 1080P capable, for me to get 2160P I would need to get a new 4K splitter and a 4K HDMI Scart converter and I don't think its worth the extra cost.

Dave

As you may already be aware from reading previous posts, the V6 STB is very limited in its sockets. I have a second TV in another room which has no SCART or HDMI sockets, only a UHF aerial socket.
I have purchased the necessary convertors (the SCART to RF convertor I already had) to enable me to use both TV's. I have found the convertors to work very well so I have attached a diagram, which may be of help to others. You will need to purchase the three convertor boxes and SCART/HDMI V6 Diagram.jpgleads etc., also a USB Power plug with two sockets, for the two Neotech items as they have USB power plugs.
It is a shame that the V6 has no SCART connection although the box has a socket. It also needs to be noted that the same channel will be displayed on both TV's. If a different channel is required to be viewed, then a second V6 will be required or alternatively streamed using WiFi.

I just wish someone would invent one box which does all, then no need for 2 or 3 power supplies running

Ted

Anonymous
Not applicable
scart is dead. No one will make a new box for it. It wont be around for much longer

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tazted2001 wrote:

I just wish someone would invent one box which does all, then no need for 2 or 3 power supplies running

Ted

You could invent one, but it would probably cost more than the seperate pieces put together, as production costs for this dying market is guaranteed to make a loss. Analogue equipment has a finite life & the spares to do any repairs are now virtually non existent.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello, l have had various virgin boxes, l have had to change something on every updated box.

I now have a v6 box, l have an HDMI splitter and a HDMI TO SCART CONVERTER.

For the v6 l had to connect an Analogue MODULATOR, This takes in the scart signal or av phono sockets signal.

You can the use the RF aerial sockets on the modulator to feed your other coaxial feeds.

I have to disconnect my freeview aerial to get a perfect picture if l am distributing my v6 box signal, l have yet to sort this small annoyance. 

Hope this help someone or two. 

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there, have you tried changing the RF channel, in my area channel 21 works best but 36 is also good.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RonHelder wrote:

Hello, l have had various virgin boxes, l have had to change something on every updated box.

I now have a v6 box, l have an HDMI splitter and a HDMI TO SCART CONVERTER.

For the v6 l had to connect an Analogue MODULATOR, This takes in the scart signal or av phono sockets signal.

You can the use the RF aerial sockets on the modulator to feed your other coaxial feeds.

I have to disconnect my freeview aerial to get a perfect picture if l am distributing my v6 box signal, l have yet to sort this small annoyance. 

Hope this help someone or two. 

You are going to have more problems with this as time goes on. With 700Mhz clearance reducing the number of available broadcast channels you will find it increasingly difficult to find big enough gaps in the spectrum to fit analogue channels in. Analogue UHF channels are very noisy compared to their digital counterparts. Using adjacent channels or even those 2 channels away from an existing weaker Freeview mux will swamp it & make it unusable.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for this diagram, l am set up as the right side of diagram.

I have the aerial rf going through my dvd recorder, which is rarely used nowadays.

I am running ch. 36, will try ch.21

I think l will reconnect  the dvd with phono lead.

Onward and upward go the bills.😎

Hi,

Yes I did but the device I bought converted to two ethernet cables. Works find but silly as I could use HDMI more easily. My object was to feed the signal into the WiFi. My existing recorder already feeds WiFi so I wont continue with Virgin when my year ends.