cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Hi there.  I've just got the neoteck splitter for my V6 box and it works OK on both outputs but......

When I plug it in, my TV remote control no longer functions.  I can control the TV from the manual buttons on the side.

If I take the splitter out of line th TV remote control works again!!

Has anyone else had this problem and are there any ideas please? 

Doi I need to ensure the V6 and the TV are on standby when I put the splitter in?

Ta and Regards

Steve

JonHeath1980
Joining in

Hi all,

Looking for some help/advice.

I've split the output from the V6 Box using this 1 to 4 splitter below. I'm splitting to 4 because I want a HDMI to the TV in the same room, HDMI to the TV in the room next door, and then HDMI > HDMI to Scart converter > Modulator to distribute around the house.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07LCBFFZR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AZV1Z18ZCU603&psc=1

So I bought this HDMI to Scart converter:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HDMI-To-SCART-Converter-Audio-Video-UK-Plug-Adapter-For-HDTV-DVD-SK...

So the problem I have is the HDMI signal is not converting to Scart when I involve the Splitter. If I take the Splitter out the equation then it works fine, gets converted to Scart and then the Modulator distributes the signal back around the house on Coax. I have tried another high quality 2 way splitter instead of the 4 way one and I get the same result.

So I was reading the pages on this thread. The ideas I've come up so far are:

1. Try fixing the output resolution to 1080i

2. Buy a different HDMI to Scart converter. Will something like one of the links below make any difference?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic-Converter-Composite-Aluminum-Blu-ray-Black-Black/dp/B07H3NFBH1/ref=s...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GFPCHYA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AZV1Z18ZCU603&psc=1

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon
Not completely sure, but what you are getting sounds very like what I had with mine. I think it is something to do with the various control signals aguing about what they are supposed to do. Both the HDMI and SCART have control channels. I had to go for an HDMI to The three phonos. That breaks the control chain when you feed to the modulator. You can use a SCART to PHONO into the modulator if it does not have the PHONOs option.

Hope that helps.

Brian

Has anyone tried using HDMI over ethernet cable to get around this issue?

Hi Jon

I bought these two 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GFPCHYA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M347UUU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and they work together with the V6 box HDMI line to TV and SCART OK but I then have another issue.  Neither my TV remote nor the Virgin V6 remote (coded OK to the TV) work with the splitter in the HDMI line and the TV selected to that HDMI input.  Remote works OK if I first use the buttons on the TV to change to another Input channel.  Toshiba Regza 37" 1080p TV 37X303DB model, getting a bit old 

I've just got to go back through the recent replies on this thread to see if anyone came up with an idea....

Regards

Steve

Regards

Steve

JonHeath1980
Joining in

Hi,

Thanks guys for the help.

So I set all the equipment up again and tried setting the resolution output at 1080i.

I've had mixed success. The HDMI to Scart converter has come to life, and I can now get a picture.

However I'm struggling with the picture being maintained when switching on the various TV's.

So as reminder I'm splitting the HDMI signal into three as follows:

1 - goes to the TV in the same room as V6 box (This TV has a max resolution of 1080p)

2 - goes to the TV in the next room (This TV has a max resolution of 2160p i.e. 4k)

3 - goes to the Scart converter and is then distributed around the house to other TV's on Coax via the modulator.

It all seemed to be working fine when I had 1) and 3) turned on with the resolution set at 1080i. However switching on the 4k TV seems to make the V6 box automatically change the resolution to 2160 and the other TV's no longer show the output. I thought I'd fixed the resolution at 1080i but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I played about with the settings a bit more and I could get all the TV's on by switching TV's on in a particular order, but it's inconsistent as the V6 box seems to want to automatically switch over and a I lose the TV's again in some rooms.

Any advice?

Many thanks

Jon

Hi Jon

I still think the control signals are at the root of the inconsistency.  The only way to prove it, short of braking pins off, is to go from SCART to Phono and back if you can.  That way, only the actual sound and video will get through.

Regards

Brian

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there, are you all using the power cables because I have the Neoteck splitter and scart converter and am running on 1080P ( will not work without power) with no issues, if you are having problems with the remote try pairing it I have 3 remotes paired to mine 1 in the kitchen 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the living room to pair go to channel 997 and press the red button, and follow the instructions first do a remote reset then pair.

Hi Brian,

I actually took the Scart conversion out the loop altogether and still have issues.

I have tried a different splitter (a 2 output one) with just the 4k TV and the 1080p TV on it, but the same thing happens. The 4k TV always seems to manage to change the v6 box video output setting. If the 1080p TV is off then the 4k TV manages to change the output setting to 2160p. Fixing the resolution to 1080i doesn't seem to matter. Looks like a bug in the firmware to me, where this output setting can be changed automatically, even after it has been supposedly "fixed".

I did think about purchasing a different splitter that had a top capability of 1080p output as a possible resolution.

Cheers

Jon

Try a video output setting of 1080p only.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection