cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Very pleased for you.

Splitter should not really affect pictures quality if you use the one in the link (see page 11) with usb power 

VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

I might get slingbox too. Sounds pretty kool.

Morts6
Joining in

Hi - great thread. I have set up as per Gaz's instructions and all works fine, thank you, apart from when I have both TV's on after around 20 minutes I lose the signal on the second one - can still get the sound but the screen is just the lines of colours. I am just feeding to one extra TV from the V6 - any ideas?

Try a better quality HDMI lead. I had a similar problem with V6 box to tv when the signal would go down. The Virgin engineer changed the HDMI lead and there's been no problems since.

Thanks Worldmaster - I used the lead that came with it and the other one came with my old sky box so I assumed they would be OK. Any suggestions for a good quality one?

REALMAX Gold HDMI lead

nice thick and chunky x

Gold Tips is the secret 

Great - thanks Gaz. I think I'll get a better quality scart too while I am at it as that may also be having an affect on the signal quality

When you start splitting HDMI signals then running to Scart connectors and then turning the signals into RF - you need good quality Gold Leads to reduce your percentage of lose

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
@TrojanC wrote:

REALMAX Gold HDMI lead

nice thick and chunky x

Gold Tips is the secret 

I'm sure the ones and zeros appreciate a connection that is only really better for analog

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks