cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

The HDMI splitter would interupt the signal as it splits signal to share between 2 devices. I've attempted the splitter to the tv yet tv screen becomes black "no signal". I've only used the hdmi to scart converter which works & highly recommend. Hope this helps.

Just decided to connect my Slingbox pro hd to recently installed V6 box. Vision and sound is fine when received on laptop. Then tried recorded programs - vision is fine but NO sound. Any advice please

Have you connected (small black) converter. This device is good. Connect device via hdmi & supplied usb to recorder or device required. 

Yes, I have used a HDMI splitter, an HDMI cable to to scart and then 2 audio & 1 video cable to inputs on Slingbox 

Personally I don't bother with splitters. Often compromises quality.

only way to get V6 signal to tv and also to Slingbox

Ok. If it works then fab.

Similar setup, V6 to HDMI splitter, one HDMI then goes to TV via Amp and other HDMI cable goes to HDMI to scart converter and eventually the scart into the Slingbox Solo.

As I've havent used/tried Slingbox, therefore couldn't comnent. I use the hdmi converter to dvd recorder scart. Perfect. Sound/image same. 

sound and vision are now perfect on laptop using Slingbox from Virgin V6. Thanks everyone