cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Not wishing to start an argument but it is not about using old tech (for me anyway).

Tivo in living room is connected by HDMI to tv, the scart feeds the kitchen which is next door and allows us to watch the same program in both rooms.

So not about old tech, just using it efficiently !

A bit like me - I don't want to get rid of my PVR, as it's served me well over the years. I didn't even consider there wouldn't be a usable SCART connection on my V6. Only realised after it was installed this afternoon.

@qwakuk wrote:

Not wishing to start an argument but it is not about using old tech (for me anyway).

Tivo in living room is connected by HDMI to tv, the scart feeds the kitchen which is next door and allows us to watch the same program in both rooms.

So not about old tech, just using it efficiently !

Ditto

Bravo 👏

Gooner, you're missing the point -the big picture is ....you do what you want with your new technology but please don't force me to go out and buy 5 brand-new TVs
......I have not got the spare money to waste just because you wanted to sack-off Samsung and get a cheaper contract deal with EOS Europe (rebranding to V6)
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

gaz, I think you missed the smiley...

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
indeed. but he is right.

You are using TV that are becoming to old to support the current generation of hardware.
It is time to start looking at replacing as this problem is only going to get worse.

it would be like buying VHS tapes and moaning no one can play them. Tech moves on and things become obserlete

You work for VM you're going to agree with him 😂😂😂

I honestly believe Scart sockets will not die out
I personally think that their will always be a market for Sart equipment and products 😘

I have an iPhone SE you have an iPhone X or perspective is completely different

I have embraced and excepted your new technology and used a work around to compromise new technology with old technology -
The V6 is a good and clever little box - Best of the bunch

V6 Happy Camper

Its only obsolete because Virgin and Sky have made it so.

Virgin, by deliberately disabling an existing port on the box that they have already paid the manufacturer for. 

Sky by conveniently not mentioning that hybrid LNBs exist.

Its called "enforced obsolescence"..... disgusting manufacturing and marketing technique. Illegal if proved, in many economies.

This thread was originally started because people like myself wanted to send the V6 box pictures to other TV's in the house via existing aerial cable, connecting to existing DVD players was a bonus. Replacing all of our TV's would not help

The new V6 box is smaller but it only does what the old Tivo box does so its not a huge technological break through, the only reason I changed was because Virgin screwed the Tivo speed up when they did a software update, before that it was as fast as the V6 only time will tell if they screw the V6 box

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Higuys wrote:

The new V6 box is smaller but it only does what the old Tivo box does so its not a huge technological break through, the only reason I changed was because Virgin screwed the Tivo speed up when they did a software update, before that it was as fast as the V6 only time will tell if they screw the V6 box

The Virgin TV V6 box has twice as many tuners as the older TiVo box, supports 4K TV, can use the full speed of your broadband connection (rather than being limited to 10Mbps for the apps), and uses an RF remote.

It also supports new TiVo features such as Quickmode, and streaming of recordings to the TV Anywhere app at home, which aren't supported on the older box.

Apart from that it's exactly the same 😉

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Yes BenMcr is correct- it's 💯 % better no question about that (just no Scart) but we've got round that problem, so happy days-
By the way, EOS Europe disabled the Scart Socket - VM just bought it of them as is ......
[and rebranded VM logo on it]

EOS was cheaper than Samsung 🤗🤑

V6 Happy Camper