cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Anyone just joining this thread ....
it is very very long but you may wish to view and read pages 11 and 12 of this thread - (links posted)
I hope you fined that it's helpful x
[remember Metal Cases]
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

I thought the SCART output on the V6 box was enabled.  Not sure I want to upgrade now.

Eventually everyone will have a V6 that's the way it's going so in time you won't have a choice
That's why this thread explains how to get round the problem

Indeed we will.

My brother in law recently had a problem with his really old stab (no recording facility).

The engineer replaced it with a refurbished TiVo and said at the time it would have been a v6 if he had broadband.

My daughter works for VM
But these are my own thoughts
The V6 box is the best and the future so a work around the 9 pin Scart is a must
I would recommend the V6 with the Hub3

@TrojanC wrote:
See earlier post in this thread
I listed all you need

Thank you gaz132, now have my multiroom coax up and running with your accessorise recommendations Smiley Happy 

Glad to help x

The 9 pin mini din to RCA adapter should work if:

1. The mini din is a non-standard 'B' connector - if you look carefully, there is non-uniform (non-standard) spacing on the top row of the V6 socket

2. The mini din socket is enabled.

I called VM today and asked if the socket is enabled. The agent had no clue but asked his manager who he claimed was knowlegeble, and I was told that the socket is enabled.
--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately that's wrong. It's not.

Nowhere in the staff information on the Virgin TV V6 box does it say that it is either.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Why can't Virgin Media put out an official definitive statement on such as this rather than allowing user forums speculating about the position. Absolutely crazy situation.