cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HDMI provides copyright protection for those wishing to copy material that they have no right to copy.

SCART has no such protection but can't copy HD or 4K material, hence inferior quality.

Why do you want to make copies of any material you record on a V6? After all, you can watch it whenever you want at broadcast quality.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Personally- I don't want to copy anything
I just want to send an RF signal down a coaxial cable to all 5 TV's in other rooms of my house

This is the system I used for years with the TiVo and it worked well for us and our household

Using the V6 HDMI all round the house would mean a massive HDMI cabling project to 5 other rooms and the expensive purchase of 5 TV's with an HDMI socket on the back of each TV

(are well that's progress)
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength
There's an earlier post on this trail about the fact that V6 hdmi to splitter to hdmi/scart converter to RF modulator will work however it won't work if ur trying to go V6 to HDD for recording purposes!!!

My hobby is spotting dodgy hairstyles in TV shows and saving these clips on my HDD recorder to amuse my friends.
I also like to spot myself in the crowd at music festivals and save these clips for posterity.
Seriously Ernie, do you really think that anyone wanting to output to a HDD recorder is up to no good?

I don't want to record -
As mentioned previously I just want to run RF signal via coaxed cable around house to 5 TVs in 5 rooms

Bagpuss12 could you get me the link to this post where it has been successful converting HDMI to an RF Scart modulator coax cable

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength
If u look back at pages 3 & 4 of this thread there are a couple of comments where people have this set up and it appears to work but I believe you have to set the converter to PAL and not NTSC to ensure u get audio as well as visual?

Thanks

It works in my Parent's house the set up of a HDMI-Scart Converter box daisy chained to a RF Modulator box to convert an old TV to the V6 box

Well it's not working for me
Could you please give me any pointers that I my be doing wrong
I have bought everything for it to work and I am pulling my hair out 😞