cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Before ordering the new V6 box I thought I would try the splitter and hdmi to scart converter with my current TiVo box and it works for picture but I lose sound?  As soon as I plug the scart back into the TiVo box the sound comes back?

@PC70 wrote:

HI,

After a bit of research, a bit more detail around my specific question:

I would like to watch content from my Tivo V6 box in 2 different rooms. I achieved this with my old Tivo box using the scart out and a RF modulator over coax.

I'm now looking at the ESYNIC HDMI Extender and HDMI splitter (The V6 has only one HDMI port) . The two TVs are connected via Cat 5 or Cat 6 (I don't know how to tell the difference, but it was fitted in late 2011)  via a gigabit switch.

Given the specification I have noted above, do you imagine this will work well? If the gigabit switch is and issue, I could connect directly using a coupler - what do you think?

FYI: I have tested the connection by temporarily moving a second Tivo box to one of the rooms I'm working on. By linking the two boxes over my network (via the gigabit switch) I can stream full1080p recorded content between the two boxes.

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated......

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi I mentioned in my previous post that I used this HDMI to Scart converter  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KHT1OBW/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza and  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Amplifier-Amplifierfor-Camcorder-Satellite/dp/B00LM4IJ60/ref=sr_1_....  HDMI splitter and they worked perfectly after I changed the HDMI converter switch to PAL. Now that I have set it up properly the picture quality from my RF Modulator is unchanged.

I used this method because I already have Coax running to 4 other TV's and didn't want to start ripping up floorboards etc.

Another plus with the V6 box is that now I have paired the remote via bluetooth I can control the V6 box anywhere in the house, I have also bought another remote off Ebay Paired the new remote as well and keep it permanently in the bedroom.

I have done this from my TiVo box, hdmi to a splitter, then hdmi to scart converter, scart to rf converter then to TV link.  Works fine so I have ordered V6 box to replace the TiVo.

Hi guys i need some help I think.

I also bought an HDMI to scart converter as i still want the ability to keep some recordings such as tennis matches.

I'm going from TIVO HDMI OUT to HDMI IN on the converter to  SCART OUT on the converter to SCART IN on my HDD recorder

The trouble I'm having is that when it's plugged into my HDD drive the picture i get is rubbish; especially on the reds. I.E when you bring up the EPG all the reds in it are fuzzy and crackly, and the picture as a whole isn't anywhere near as good as when im not recording through the converter.

My converter came with a USB lead to power it. (My TV has  powered USB so i plugged it in there.)

Would one with a power adapter be better?

Do i need an RF converter (not sure what that is or what it does)

I've tied with 3 separate HDD recorders with the same result.

Help 🙂

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi Mobes,  a silly question but have you set the Converter to PAL not NTSC when I first set mine up I had a really bad picture then I noticed the switch and the picture was good again. If you have already done that and you have a TV with a scart, plug it straight into the TV and see what the picture is like.

I have transferred films from my Tivo box (not V6) to a Panasonic DVD recorder with a hard drive in the past with good results But haven't  tried it from the V6 box

Let me know how you get on.

Hi there

🙂

Yes defo set on Pal.

I tried straight into the TV and the pic was OK. So I presumed it was a setting on the HDD recorder. But ive tried 3 different DVD/HDD recorders with the same result!

Higuys
On our wavelength

I think I know what your problem is when I went from Video to DVD I transferred some Kids Videos that I had bought to my DVD recorder, the only way I could do it was with a SMART SCART LEAD this blocks the copyright signal to prevent you from Pirating their films and that is what I used to when I transferred films from my Tivo box to my DVD recorder.

The one I have was made by ktvision.com and its just called a Smart Lead. but I think Sonel also made them

Appreciate the help 🙂

The odd thing is that as of now TIVO SCART OUT to HDD SCART IN I have no issues recording with good quality. It's just when i try and go through any converter. I've tried HDMI to SCART converter AND  HDMI to Red, yellow and white leads  converter with no luck.

😞

Love our new V6 box but disappointed we couldn't connect two tv's like we did before. Had the RF modulator which allowed us to do this...so have been using my iPad to watch tv in the kitchen which isn't ideal. We only want to watch the same channel in the living room/kitchen not have different channels.

So my question is...do we get the HDMI splitter that you have and still use the RF modulator? Just want to make sure before I order.