Menu
RJC7
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box: Pause and Volume Issues

Hi, 
Posting 2 points to try and get the attention of the Virgin Media product developers and upgrade team.

1. There is a seriously annoying and pointless new 'feature' on the V6 box regarding pausing a programme, which was not an issue on previous boxes.
When you press pause, come back and continue watching, the V6 jumps to live TV when the live programming schedule has finished, no matter how much of the programme you have left to watch.
Meaning you can never actually finish watching the programme you paused.  
Perhaps not such an issue if you pause for a minute or so, as you can make up time by fast forwarding through the adverts, but if you pause in the last part of the programme, or for 10-15 mins, you will never see the end of the show.
Very frustrating and renders the pause button almost useless.

2. Volume levels on the V6 are very low. I am using the same TV and cables as my previous virgin boxes and the V6 has a considerably lower volume level and on some HD channels, low and unclear.

Are Virgin Media aware of these issues and what plans are in place to resolve them?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box: Pause and Volume Issues

Hi RJC7,

Welcome to the community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'll certainly forward on your feedback as we're always looking at ways to improve our service.

If you have any further queries pleas let us know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

RJC7
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,
Thank you for your reply.

Is this a hardware wide issue on the V6 box?

What are the next steps on this, as whilst the volume levels are not ideal, the pause issue effectively makes this button redundant, unless the user knows they are only pausing for a matter of seconds.

thanks....
0 Kudos
SepticTank
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose,

I hope you are well.

I am pulling my hair out with the same problems where after having paused a program for a period of time, it will then jump to live TV when a new programme starts on that channel, clearing the buffer and making it impossible to watch the end of the paused programme. I have lost count of the number of shows I have missed the end of, and is sweat my blood pressure goes up significantly when this happens as it drives me absolutely mad, especially if I’ve missed the last 20 minutes of a thriller or something. 

I have not found an answer to this issue anywhere so I can only assume that it is a TiVo box programming issue.

Please can you confirm that this is a recognised and logged issue?

And please also let me know what at the planned steps, if any, for resolution within the v6 firmware?

Many thanks,

SepticTank

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This ONLY happens if the following program is set to record.

There are actions, discussed before, to avoid this, e.g. rather than pause the program you are watching, press record instead.

0 Kudos
SepticTank
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Ernie,

I have seen the workarounds. However I don’t always remember to hit record, rather than pause. Yes, I know, that problem lies with me  

I wanted to know whether this was a recognised and logged issue ?

Needing a workaround is obviously not the ideal way for the v6 to operate, though if it hasn’t even been recognised as an issue then nothing will ever change. 

I’d be interested to know whether this issue is Virgin Media’s firmware only, or whether other TiVo boxes across the world also suffer from it. I had a TiVo for 10 years while living in Australia, until EPG support was withdrawn for it, and even though it want a v6 box, this issue was not present. 

0 Kudos