cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Missing Cable Adaptor IEC

SXWolfgang
Joining in

Hi

I received my V6 box today and in true Virgin Media fashion nothing is straight forward. The box is missing the ‘cable adaptor.’  I found another forum post where they call it an IEC adaptor. I took the entire box apart to see if it was hiding and it is definitely not there  

17 REPLIES 17

I'm missing this cable aswell, box came with everything bar this white adapter cable. Is there anything I can do?

Paul_86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

You have 2 options here you can either do what the there guy has done and follow this link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-F-Connectors-Adaptor-Satellite-Converter-Male-Coax/dp/B07DGPVBQL/...

Or you can try to contact us via the following methods

There are 3 other ways to contact Virgin media via website live chat www.virginmedia.com
Via the myvirginmedia app - Help
Or sending a text to 07533051809

and try to get one sent out, its called a v6 flylead or at least that's how the techs know it by and how it is down on our stores list

I am a Virgin Media field technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own equipment at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving some kudos.

¤ Why not save yourself £50 by referring a friend to Virgin Media. For more info please DM me ¤

Thanks

Paul.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

My Virgin Fly Lead Media Coaxial Adapter 2 RS.jpg

Hi Paul

Many thanks for this referral link.

Having a Amazon link from which to purchase is very helpful. But, before ordering, to make sure this will do the trick or to ensure that if I need some other part instead or in addition (to resolve my issue) then so that I can order everything in one go; can you confirm that this the link/part you suggested: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-F-Connectors-Adaptor-Satellite-Converter-Male-Coax/dp/B07DGPVBQL/... 

is the right part that itself will allow me to replace or resolve the following compromised damaged current fly lead - which I already have see pictures below.  I have a couple of perforations/cracks on my V6 coaxial fly lead adaptor wIre; at the places where the wire connects to the end connector parts - pic 2 below.

Fly Lead Adapter in Full 7-8 "Fly Lead Adapter in Full 7-8 "The Fly Lead Adapter Wire itself Is crackedThe Fly Lead Adapter Wire itself Is crackedFly Lead Adapter Male Connector is FineFly Lead Adapter Male Connector is FineFly Lead Adapter Female Connector Looks FineFly Lead Adapter Female Connector Looks Fine

The above listed Amazon part seems to only include the Male - Female connectors but not the wire / fly lead itself.

This makes me think the above part might not be enough or the best solution to my problem specifically; so would really like your expert advice on this and on what I should order instead or in addition to the above.

If it is what I need instead, do you know from where - even better have you a link for a whole end to end (wire with connectors already fitted) V6 compatible complete coaxial fly lead that is ready to be used out of the packaging?

This is a for a 3rd box in our study / box room which I rarely used before but since Covid have been using more and began to notice that while the box sill works in general there are moments when the TV signal becomes very distorted/interrupted. As this damage can only get worse, I would like to pre-emptively have this resolved now while I still have a TV signal and not to wait for it to just fail fully later; especially during a second wave of Covid-19!

if you can assist me in this matter that would be so helpful. I have just spoken to Virgin and they advised they don't actually send this adapter / fly lead in the post - which I thought strange they were sent in the boxes for all my other V6s -  they instead advised me that they could set up a technician appointment and the technicians would be able to resolve it; presumably they will bring a spare.

Currently we are shielding an at risk person in the house so we are limiting unnecessary visits. So, I would really prefer to avoid a visit especially  for what should, at least in the first instance likely, be a rather basic menial job; probably an unnecessary deployment of a Virgin Media technician too. So Virgin advised I could purchase my own from an online search which is what I think is best; now I just want to make sure what I purchase is the correct part / parts. 

Sorry for the detail, I figure it will guide you better in any advice and save time later. 

Many Thanks For Help On This Forum

Tariq Q. 

Hi Paul

Many thanks for this referral link.

Having a Amazon link from which to purchase is very helpful. But, before ordering, to make sure this will do the trick or to ensure that if I need some other part instead or in addition (to resolve my issue) then so that I can order everything in one go; can you confirm that this the link/part you suggested: 

is the right part that itself will allow me to replace or resolve the following compromised damaged current fly lead - which I already have see pictures below.  I have a couple of perforations/cracks on my V6 coaxial fly lead adaptor wIre; at the places where the wire connects to the end connector parts - pic 2 below.

Fly Lead Adapter in Full 7-8 "Fly Lead Adapter in Full 7-8 "The Fly Lead Adapter Wire itself Is crackedThe Fly Lead Adapter Wire itself Is crackedFly Lead Adapter Male Connector is FineFly Lead Adapter Male Connector is FineFly Lead Adapter Female Connector Looks FineFly Lead Adapter Female Connector Looks Fine

The above listed Amazon part seems to only include the Male - Female connectors but not the wire / fly lead itself.

This makes me think the above part might not be enough or the best solution to my problem specifically; so would really like your expert advice on this and on what I should order instead or in addition to the above.

If it is what I need instead, do you know from where - even better have you a link for a whole end to end (wire with connectors already fitted) V6 compatible complete coaxial fly lead that is ready to be used out of the packaging?

This is a for a 3rd box in our study / box room which I rarely used before but since Covid have been using more and began to notice that while the box sill works in general there are moments when the TV signal becomes very distorted/interrupted. As this damage can only get worse, I would like to pre-emptively have this resolved now while I still have a TV signal and not to wait for it to just fail fully later; especially during a second wave of Covid-19!

if you can assist me in this matter that would be so helpful. I have just spoken to Virgin and they advised they don't actually send this adapter / fly lead in the post - which I thought strange they were sent in the boxes for all my other V6s -  they instead advised me that they could set up a technician appointment and the technicians would be able to resolve it; presumably they will bring a spare.

Currently we are shielding an at risk person in the house so we are limiting unnecessary visits. So I would really prefer to avoid a visit especially  for what should at least in the first instance be a rather basic menial job; probably an unnecessary deployment of a Virgins technician too. So they advised I could purchase my own from an online search which is what I think is best; I just want to make sure what I purchase is the correct part / parts. 

Sorry for the detail, I figure it will guide you better in any advice and save time later. 

Many Thanks For Your Valuable Help On This Forum Assisting Customers While Working From Home

Tariq Q  

Hi Tariq,

If you type in to Amazon that you want the full lead as well as the connection parts, you'll find exactly what you need 🙂

I hope that helps.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi Melissa 

Thank you for your reply.

Actually prior to putting the post up yesterday, I was already on Amazon, eBay and have checked out a few but I found it less simple than that - more complicated than perhaps it should be. 

Sadly, for example  often the coaxial wires that do come up are many meters longer than they need to be - may indicate they are not the adapters I need; they have the same connectors on both ends; or, seem to be advertised in a complicated ambiguous way by the seller which is normal for low value online disposable parts they want to sell them and they know the buyer will not return them- when you go through the customer reviews of these which I have done and search for virgin media you find that in many cases the coaxial cable is not fit for my purpose (V6) as stated by other customers.

I am certain the thing I need is there, no doubt, but with the probability of something going wrong being quite high and me ordering the wrong thing, easily I think the best course of action can I humbly suggest would be for a Virgin technician and their trained eye directing me to the right part.

To be honest, we have been registered at this property alone, with Virgin for 10 plus years. We have over this period had numerous boxes in the property with Phone, High Speed Internet, the XL full TV package including all the sports channels which I have at the minute.

I calculate over this period - adjusted in today's valuation -while paying easily more then £100 plus pounds a month in subscription fees that we therefore must of  spent around £10k to Virgin Media; we are dedicated and loyal customers.

Sorry to go of on one!  But in fairness, and this is not necessarily anyone here's fault, as you guys are very helpful, but  I am little surprised, I was hoping Virgin (as has been mentioned on this forum as being something they would simply do) would just send over this co-axial adapter fly lead  replacement - which comes with every V6 hub in the box  - to me in the post. By all accounts it would cost Virgin at the scale they purchase them not even a couple of pounds max. I would even, although this would not leave a good taste in my mouth, ultimately more happily pay for it and it can be added to my next bill.

I do accept Virgin have offered to send an engineer to resolve it onsite but surely in the current Covid-19 climate not least such a recourse and home visit, is wholly unnecessary and even perhaps unsafe for both the technician and the person who lives at this property who is currently shielding. 

With all this in mind , my thinking  - which I believe reasonable and the safest - was that if I could simply be pointed in the right direction of the exact part I will order and pay for it myself; it is just that the best person to direct me to the part would be a Virgin technician or some one with experience here.

Sorry for the frustrated tone, but it is a function of a frustrating customer service experience trying to resolve this relatively minor issue, an experience  which I have had when dealing with Virgin on this (I am referring to their customer service phone operators, the online advisors like yourself are trying your best and are helpful).

Anyway hopefully this can be escalated or I can get an indication of what part exactly I need to order; I say again, I have looked on Amazon already but the item is not as easily identified to a less trained eye like mine or of other customers as it would be to a Virgin technician.

I look forward to any assistance you can provide in the matter. 

Best 

Tariq Q

Hi Tariq,

Thanks for explaining. 

I'm going to see what I can do for you and get you what you need 🙂

I'll pop you a private message now to take your details.

Thank you,

Melissa

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tariqmqureshi81,

thank you for your rely, please keep us posted on how it goes and if the AFM gets in touch.#

Thanks

Zoie