cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Missing Cable Adaptor IEC

SXWolfgang
Joining in

Hi

I received my V6 box today and in true Virgin Media fashion nothing is straight forward. The box is missing the ‘cable adaptor.’  I found another forum post where they call it an IEC adaptor. I took the entire box apart to see if it was hiding and it is definitely not there  

17 REPLIES 17

Paul_86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 

Can you list what you do have? 

I can tell you if anything is missing.

Cheers 

Paul 

I am a Virgin Media field technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own equipment at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving some kudos.

¤ Why not save yourself £50 by referring a friend to Virgin Media. For more info please DM me ¤

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi

Instructions, white Ethernet cable, black HDMI cable, Plug, power adaptor (black box), V6 box, remote control, spanner

I am missing the small white cable that fits to the back of the V6 box and then to the coaxial cable. It’s called an ‘adaptor cable’ in the instructions. 

Paul_86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

So do you already have a coax cable? 

Sound like the fly lead. 

I'd suggest sending a text to the number outlined below and they can get that sent out to you... 

Make sure you specify it's the Flylead for V6. 

Kind regards

Paul 

There are 3 other ways to contact Virgin media via website live chat www.virginmedia.com
Via the myvirginmedia app - Help
Or sending a text to 07533051809

I am a Virgin Media field technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own equipment at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving some kudos.

¤ Why not save yourself £50 by referring a friend to Virgin Media. For more info please DM me ¤

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi

i keep trying to add a picture but it won’t let me. But that description sounds correct. It screws onto the coaxial cable that currently connects to the existing box and then you plug the other end into the V6. I have just text the number you gave me

thanks

Jim

Paul_86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No Problem Jim. 

Cheers

Paul.

Geoff501
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-F-Connectors-Adaptor-Satellite-Converter-Male-Coax/dp/B07DGPVBQL/...

If that fails another poster had a good idea.

It is not a fly lead that's needed, this is the missing IEC connector (shown next to a biro).20181126_001138_15pc.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks Geoff. I have ordered one as the text support isn’t really working (massive delays due to the current climate I expect) 

Paul_86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
As a technician for VM we call this a flylead. 🙂