cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Issues

Juventino
Up to speed

A couple of evenings ago we were watching an on demand programme on BBC iPlayer, the box just decided to reboot during the programme. This has never happened before and I'm unsure if this is a sign of a fault somewhere or of something more serious. Also, when the box reboots, it displays an intermittent screen of tightly packed multi-coloured wavy lines if that makes any sense before going black and eventually we get the "starting up..." screen. If anyone can point me in the right direction for troubleshooting it would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any TV box that's restarting anything more than occasionally and/or overnight, potentially has a fault. There's 2 ways you can report faults..

Calling in for an immediate response, 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Waiting here for staff to respond, it may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any TV box that's restarting anything more than occasionally and/or overnight, potentially has a fault. There's 2 ways you can report faults..

Calling in for an immediate response, 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Waiting here for staff to respond, it may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Juventino,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV box. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help.

Are you having issues with both your TV boxes or just one? Also how long has this been ongoing as we may have to message you privately to get this resolved?

Please get back to us so we can resolve this for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A

This reboot while watching iPlayer has only happened on the one box and has happened just the once. I posted this issue as I thought it may be an early sign of faults with the box. This box does suffer more than the other one in terms of often freezing when accessing on demand programmes, failing to load programmes on apps like iPlayer, Netflix etc. Sometimes failing to load the app even. The app failures have been happening for many months and is unpredictable in its occurrence, the reboot was in the last 2 weeks. Very often for the the last year or so the AV amp doesn't have a signal from the box when we switch to the box from another source, I have to put the box in stand-by and then start it again for the amp to receive a signal.

Thank you.

Juventino

Hi @Juventino

With on demand and streaming apps such as Netflix and iPlayer. They need a few things to be able to stream smoothly, one of these is a stable internet connection. Do you have this set top box on a WIFI or wired connection? If you have a HUB3 you can use the our Connect app to check the WIFI signal of the room where this set top box is located. 

If the issue you mentioned above has only happened once, I recommend monitoring it and if the V6 starts rebooting on it's own again we can take a look, this could have just been a one off moment. Hope this helps. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley