cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box DVR Green Screen

TheAlchemist
On our wavelength

Hello. Today my V6 box stopped working. It shows a green screen and mentions a DVR fault. I waited the 3 hours it said it would take to fix it, but it still doesn't work. After some searching around online, it seems the hard drive has failed, and a new box is required.

Unfortunately, I am unable to use the phone to call support, so I am hoping someone can help on here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheAlchemist,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your TV box, for this particular issue your hard drive will be faulty and we'll need to replace the box.

I'm going to pop you over a  PM now so I can get this arranged for you 🙂

Please know that you're more than welcome to pop to the forums if you ever need any help from us. We're always more than happy to assist.

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi TheAlchemist,

Sorry to see you have the green screen of death.

A member of the Forum team may pick this up for you, however it can take a day or two. Telephoning faults is the quickest way to resolve the issue.

You could also try the online chat messenger towards the bottom of this page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/fix-an-issue/broadband-tv-phone 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheAlchemist wrote:

Unfortunately, I am unable to use the phone to call support, so I am hoping someone can help on here.

What's the issue with using the phone, out of interest?

If you don't have a VM phone for whatever reason, you can call on 0345 4541111 - this is a landline call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's a personal issue I don't want to elaborate on here.

I'd endorse that.

There are a number of personal conditions which can make people uncomfortable in using a phone with strangers.
It can just be the time on hold, which is a common issue, any time of the day, with Virgin Media.
The Chat line is just as frustrating, being based on the simple but inadequate, help FAQs.

It does seem strange that a 'Communications Company' like VM offers so few alternative and useful methods of communication!

pdfbt40

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheAlchemist 

The only reason for asking was because there may have been alternative means of getting this resolved quicker. I can only repeat the previous advice, that VM staff will respond on here, however it can take a few days. Also worth being aware that it's now the weekend, so that might take into next week.

Anyone else adding further replies to this post until the staff get to respond, will only serve to delay this further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheAlchemist,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your TV box, for this particular issue your hard drive will be faulty and we'll need to replace the box.

I'm going to pop you over a  PM now so I can get this arranged for you 🙂

Please know that you're more than welcome to pop to the forums if you ever need any help from us. We're always more than happy to assist.

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheAlchemist,

Thank you for confirming your details via PM.

I have booked in the next available engineer appointment for you - to view/manage the appointment time slot, please head over to your My Virgin Media account or app 🙂

Let us know how the visit goes and if there's anything else you need.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Nothing is showing up in the appointments, does it take some time to appear?

Apologies, yes, it does take 24 hours to appear sometimes.  Has everything been sorted since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C