cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box DVD Recorder TV Scart Setup

PaullieeTV
Tuning in

Hello

I recently got the V6 Box which i'm hugely upset about has it has no Scart slots at all

So now i can't connect my DVD recorder to my V6 box, So i'm asking how i can work a way around all this?

My TV has 3 HDMI slots and 1 Scart slots

V6 Box has 1 HDMI and no Scart slot

My DVD Recorder has 1 HDMI slot and 2 Scart slots

Can anyone help me with this and the stuff i need to buy on Amazon i need a actual working method as i spent £30 on one method that didn't work

35 REPLIES 35

I have connect my Virgin Tivo Box with the equipment you listed  above and  it does work.  The only problem is it only delivers pictures  in black and white mode. Picture quality quite reasonable but not as good as seen on normal TV.     Hope to make a few enquiries to see if their is a answer to this colour issue.

Keeping my fingers crossed there is, as I have spent a fair amount of money on  equipment.

Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi EAB1,

How are things looking at the moment?

Thanks

Ben_N

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EAB1 wrote:

I have connect my Virgin Tivo Box with the equipment you listed  above and  it does work.  The only problem is it only delivers pictures  in black and white mode. Picture quality quite reasonable but not as good as seen on normal TV.     Hope to make a few enquiries to see if their is a answer to this colour issue.

Keeping my fingers crossed there is, as I have spent a fair amount of money on  equipment.

Have a look at the equipment setup. The analogue TV standard on a UK TV set is PAL version “I”. Most converters & modulators can be used anywhere in Europe & Africa, so there are several versions of PAL, & also SECAM which was used in France. If the unit is switched to SECAM by mistake the colour subcarrier will be on the wrong frequency for a UK set, so will only produce B & W.

Don't expect high quality pictures. Analogue converters only operate at 240 lines resolution (the old VHS video standard). HD pictures will look considerably worse in analogue than SD.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So basically the 21st century mentality is that you're not allowed to record from the telly for keeps, only onto finite temporary HDD storage...?

And this restriction is simultaneous with the growth of free illegal streaming websites like Putlocker et al...!

What sense does that make?

just gone from sky to Virgin and notice that this virgin box doesn't have a scart lead port... Well it do say on the box scart port but it round thing not like the normal scart leads...Now i have always had my DVD player link up to my skybox to work on my tv but i cant see how i can like my virgin box to my DVD player ??? looks like i made a big mistake going to virgin... or is there away i can play my virgin box through my DVD player 

When you say DVD player do you mean DVD recorder, if so there is no easy way to connect to the V6. Regardless of whether it's a player or a recorder connect it directly to the TV.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

wished i had stuck with sky now 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you return to Sky you will get a SkyQ box. These also do not have SCART outputs.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

yeah, ei thoght so.. i shouldn't have changed and kept to what i had . but whats this scart out port on the box for then SCART LEAD PIC.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi strongmaninfo,

the round scart out socket is not in use on the V6 boxes. It's never been enabled by Virgin

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali