cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box DVD Recorder TV Scart Setup

PaullieeTV
Tuning in

Hello

I recently got the V6 Box which i'm hugely upset about has it has no Scart slots at all

So now i can't connect my DVD recorder to my V6 box, So i'm asking how i can work a way around all this?

My TV has 3 HDMI slots and 1 Scart slots

V6 Box has 1 HDMI and no Scart slot

My DVD Recorder has 1 HDMI slot and 2 Scart slots

Can anyone help me with this and the stuff i need to buy on Amazon i need a actual working method as i spent £30 on one method that didn't work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@PaullieeTVwrote:

I tried a Scart converter setup which didn’t work and to be honest I’m a bit dumb when it comes to TV setups I’m a PC whizz kid not a TV person I’m trying to sort this out for my father

But after searching around I have noticed this method 

HDMI from V6 box > HDMI splitter

Splitter > TV + HDMI to SCART converter

HDMI to SCART converter > DVD Recorder

I’m hoping this method will work out 

Yes, that's the solution. I hesitate to tell you which HDMI to SCART converter I bought as it doesn't work well (everything is output in 4:3 format).

I do suggest that you get powered units as they should be more reliable than ones which get power from a cable, and you might as well go for a 4K HDMI splitter.

Good luck.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you search around on the forum, you will find other threads where others are trying to find out how to make copies of copyright material.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So tell me Ernie how is it that down the years the TV boxes up to and including the TiVo have SCART sockets for copying programmes to a DVD recorder, but the removal of the SCART socket from the V6 equates to illegal copying.

--

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

@PaullieeTVwrote:

Hello

I recently got the V6 Box which i'm hugely upset about has it has no Scart slots at all

So now i can't connect my DVD recorder to my V6 box, So i'm asking how i can work a way around all this?

My TV has 3 HDMI slots and 1 Scart slots

V6 Box has 1 HDMI and no Scart slot

My DVD Recorder has 1 HDMI slot and 2 Scart slots

Can anyone help me with this and the stuff i need to buy on Amazon i need a actual working method as i spent £30 on one method that didn't work

Which method that didn't work? If it was an HDMI to SCART converter, the success is unpredictable.

--

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Goonerwrote:

So tell me Ernie how is it that down the years the TV boxes up to and including the TiVo have SCART sockets for copying programmes to a DVD recorder, but the removal of the SCART socket from the V6 equates to illegal copying.

SCART sockets were there to allow connection of TVs with SCART sockets.

Did I say anything about illegal copying? No. You mentioned illegal. I’m sure anything the OP wants to make an inferior copy of will have the copyright owner’s blessing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

PaullieeTV
Tuning in

I tried a Scart converter setup which didn’t work and to be honest I’m a bit dumb when it comes to TV setups I’m a PC whizz kid not a TV person I’m trying to sort this out for my father

@Ernie_Cwrote:

@Roger_Goonerwrote:

SCART sockets were there to allow connection of TVs with SCART sockets.

Did I say anything about illegal copying? No. You mentioned illegal. I’m sure anything the OP wants to make an inferior copy of will have the copyright owner’s blessing.

If you are sure, then why even mention copyright. The clear implication of your post is that the copying is an infringement of the copyright owner's work.

--

@PaullieeTVwrote:

Yes, that's the solution. I hesitate to tell you which HDMI to SCART converter I bought as it doesn't work well (everything is output in 4:3 format).

I do suggest that you get powered units as they should be more reliable than ones which get power from a cable, and you might as well go for a 4K HDMI splitter.

Good luck.

--

Thank you i have added both to my Amazon basket which both use power adaptors and a 4K HDMI splitter, Hopefully this all works out, It is frustrating that they made us go to all this hassle.

And just to clarify nothing being recorded is illegal, And the best way to do such things is online anyway which i also don't do I'm more of a gamer then a TV viewer

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So what is this material that you wish to make hard copy of and why?