cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Constantly Looses WiFi Connection

Rockfish70
On our wavelength

Having daily issues with my V6 box, it is constantly loosing its WiFi connection. Every day at least once a day it looses the connection when I go to network diagnostics it says no signal, even though the Xbox and Apple TV both still work, they are all on the same tv stand so I know the WiFi signal is fine.

a full restart of the box fixes it every time, only thing I have noticed is V6 box seems to get much hotter than it used to.

is the WiFi in the box on the way out?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rockfish70 wrote:

Having daily issues with my V6 box, it is constantly loosing its WiFi connection. Every day at least once a day it looses the connection when I go to network diagnostics it says no signal

Can you clarify which network diagnostics screen you're checking, to get this conclusion? There's a few "system info" screens on TiVo software that aren't always reliable in the info they give.

The one you want to be checking in this scenario is under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. When you have this problem, what shows in the top-right? And are there any options to reconnect?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rockfish70 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Okay so you've already clarified it only seems to be impacting the one device, that's helpful - is it possible to try and connect the V6 box via an ethernet cable as this is generally anyway, more stable than wifi or is your Hub in a different area of the house?

In addition, does the light on the V6 light up that signifies a lack of connection and that's how you realise the wifi has disconnected from it?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Rockfish70
On our wavelength

There’s a light on the box that comes on when it looses internet. 

Changed connection to 2.4ghz and seems stable at the moment. Only lost connection once but that was due to broadband issue in the area according to virgin service checker

ethernet not possible due to location of box 

Hi @Rockfish70

Thank you for your reply

How has your connection been since your last post, have you noticed any improvement since changing to 2.4ghz? Please do provide us with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry it’s been awhile 2.4 is working fine

Thanks for the update Rockfish70

Glad to hear things have been sorted 🙂 if you do ever need anything, please pop back and we'll be more than happy to help.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill