Menu
NomadicBoo
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Connections

Hello!

I am awaiting installation of a new V6 box and wondered if anyone can enlighten me on the connections required at the back of the box?

I've gone to considerable lengths to disguise all wiring within the plasterboard and flooring and want to continue that with the virgin box. My final flooring is being laid before installation and I therefore have a limited amount of time to make sure all inputs for the box are prepared.

I currently have power sockets and HDMI cables accessible - what other connections are required and can they be prepared in advance of an engineer visit?

Thanks!

NB
0 Kudos
scotty001
Up to speed
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Connections

Here is a pic of the V6 unit from behind showing the connections

139611-tv-review-virgin-tv-v6-box-review-image6-hwiiz5bhax

you will need to connect an ethernet cable from the Hub to the V6 too. Take a look at http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/139611-virgin-tv-v6-box-review-virgin-media-s-4k-hdr-tivo-powerhou... it has some useful info.

NomadicBoo
Joining in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help!

I've fed through 3 x HDMI, 1 x Coaxial Cable (for cable TV) and 1 x Ethernet, 2 x power sockets.

My hope is that we can just add the virgin cable to the pre-fed coaxial through an extender piece.

NB

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Super solver
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

You will be supplied with an adapter to enable connection of your RG6 cable to the V6's COAX IN socket.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
0 Kudos
quadbod
Tuning in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

My current Virgin box has a conventional SCART socket which I use to connect a DVD player.  I see from the image of the reverse of the V6 box that the SCART socket is round.  Can I get an adaptor to use my existing SCART lead?  Thanks for any advice.  Terry

0 Kudos
quadbod
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

My current Virgin box has a conventional SCART socket which I use to connect a DVD player.  I see from the image of the reverse of the V6 box that the SCART socket is round.  Can I get an adaptor to use my existing SCART lead?  Thanks for any advice.  Terry

0 Kudos
quadbod
Tuning in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Also, I notice the socket is labelled 'SCART OUT'. Will it work as both 'IN' and 'OUT' as this is necessary for me to use in conjunction with my DVD player? At the moment, I view DVDs by selecting 'Ext' as the source on my TV and playing the DVD on a machine connected to my Virgin box via the SCART cable, thence to my TV.
0 Kudos
quadbod
Tuning in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

My mistake! There are two SCART sockets on my DVD player. The DVD player is connected directly to the TV via one SCART cable. It is also connected to the Virgin Box by the other SCART cable. Is there an adaptor which will enable me to connect the DVD player to the Virgin box using my existing SCART cable. Sorry for the confusing duplicated postings!
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

The SCART output on the V6 is disabled, the only way to get a signal from it to a DVD recorder is by using an HDMI splitter and an HDMI to SCART converter.

quadbod
Tuning in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks!  That's probably saved me a lot of wasted time wondering why it doesn't work!

I'm very grateful you took the time to reply.

0 Kudos