cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box 560p No Sound

simwright
Tuning in

Hi,

My V6 box has suddenly switched to very poor resolution and no sound, running tests on the kit says it might have something wrong with it but I've had trouble getting through to customer services. 

Is it possible the box has failed?

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's odd for a V6 to change the resolution without some intervention.

You can change the resolution by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output.

Occasionally the V6 may need to be restarted for your TV to pick up new settings. Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info Japitts, I tried manually changing the resolution back, tweaking the sound settings, turning it off and on again via the switch at the back and rebooting from the menu several times. It always end up with the same result..

Anything else to try?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi simwright,

Have you tried a different HDMI cable ? Also a different HDMI slot on your TV?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

(Edited after posts crossed)

As well as trying the HDMI swap....

Assuming you've got at least an HD-TV, can you enable 720 & 1080i in the video settings? Can you get a tick in the boxes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tried a different HMDI lead today, no change.

I can manually select different resolution in the settings and it will detect them when running the test, but when setting it to default and use the most appropriate it selects 520? I think it was.

Even when manually setting it's poor quality and still no sound. 

What's the make and model of your TV?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Phillips Ambilight 70PUS9005 I believe

The 70PUS9005 is a 4K TV, so the V6 should automatically detect a resolution of 2160p. If you've changed the HDMI input and cable I suggest a V6 swap as it does sometimes happen that a TV and a box just don't work together.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I did wonder if it had failed, it just stopped working the other day and has been working fine with this TV since I bought it about 8 months ago, and the TV before