cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 BOX not allowing recovery of recordings as of today!

bigguy283
Up to speed

hi there!
today i find all my deleted recordings now go for good, as there is no folder with deleted tecordings anymore!.
why have virgin removed this option?  IF somebody deleted a recording by mistake , it was still possible to recover it BUT , now this option has been removed from my V6, and i assume all V6 boxes!

55 REPLIES 55

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigguy283 wrote:

hi sad to say im back!
just tried to watch my recording on my pc in the "saved" folder only to find out, "WATCH ON TV" is the only option!!!   how is this any good to me?

This is a broadcaster imposed restriction I'm afraid.

TV Go will only allow you to watch recordings on a portable device, as giving access to PCs can allow illegal copies of the programmes to be made. TV Control has the same restriction.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi nodrod!
if this is a broadcaster restriction, how comes the tv control app let me do it from my V6 box?
The TV CONTROL app worked fine on my galaxy s9 ,and let me acces my recordings and screenshare onto my smart lg tv.  ALL SKYSPORTS RECORDINGS also.

This crappy 360box and the tvgo app will not let me watch any recorded channel even itv ch4 .  how infuriating.  
ITS THE 360 box THAT IS THE PROBLEM

bigguy283
Up to speed

it's not the control function i'm talking about alone,   in the actuall TV CONTROL app, there were functions to acces your V6 box recordings and play them on galaxy s9 and even SMARTVIEW with your smart tv ,  so watch them full screen on any tv in your home!!

this is not possible using the TVGO app on your mobile device!! you cannot SMARTVIEW  to smart tv

It might be worth your while raising a formal complaint through their complaints form. They actually got back to me really quickly.

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-cases/make-a-complaint

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigguy283 wrote:

hi nodrod!
if this is a broadcaster restriction, how comes the tv control app let me do it from my V6 box?
The TV CONTROL app worked fine on my galaxy s9 ,and let me acces my recordings and screenshare onto my smart lg tv.  ALL SKYSPORTS RECORDINGS also.

This crappy 360box and the tvgo app will not let me watch any recorded channel even itv ch4 .  how infuriating.  
ITS THE 360 box THAT IS THE PROBLEM

It could as there is a currently a loophole in the android operating system that nobody has got round to plugging yet.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As per my message in your other thread - I think your best bet in terms of getting reverted back is to raise a formal complain or ask for your support case to be escalated. In my view given the circumstances you have a good argument for this and there is no technical blocker

edit - obviously it is still a long shot given their policy but it is worth formalising your ask and experience you’ve had 

many thanks for all your help!
i have submited a complaint form as you have linked to, lets hope i can get a V6 box , the actual box that is on my contract and the only usable box for me .
thanks again

WISEDTOID many thanks, i have submitted a formal complaint via the online link you supplied, so now i just have to wait and hope they agree, i should get the box on my contract which is what i pay for!.  Its just so dissapointing the so call super 360 upgrade is so bad for me, its practically unusable to us, even the remote control is so hard for us to see and use in comparison to the V6 remote. THANKS AGAIN

Your complaint is a waste of time as your V6 is not contractual. Let's take my example: I have Bigger Volt bundle + Sports & Movies SD with a V6, but the V6 is just the box which delivers TV, VOD, apps and games, and VM is perfectly entitled to change the box for an equivalent or a better one. In this case VM is in the process of migrating all TiVos and V6s to 360s in order to reduce costs and simplify support. As with all migrations there are pluses and minuses, but it's not something you can stop.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

No worries! Happy to help - good luck!