Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Audio Dropouts

Hi sapper_arj,

Thank you for taking the time to post back in the Community.

I'm sorry for the delay in the reply to your first post, this is a Community led Forum and it can take up to a week for a reply. If you wish for a quicker response it is best to call into the team on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

As I have advised the fault is with Intermittent audio using a sound system our engineers are working to resolve. As soon as this is resolved we will update the Community. We have not advised this is a fault with yourself.

If you are able to disconnect the sound bar or amp and play through the TV itself there should be no audio dropouts.

As advised in my last message If you would like me to log a case to show your dissatisfaction please reply to the private message that I sent you.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
dante01
Well-informed
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

After having had the V6 in use for a few months now it has become apparent that the box intermittently fails to output Dolby Digital in association with channels that are encoded with such even if the box's audio output is set to the Dolby Digital option. There's no rhyme nor reason to this. The box's audio setting remains set to the Dolby Digital option and the channels in question are all broadcasting with Dolby Digital audio. The only way to rectify this issue is to select the already selected Dolby Digital audio option again.

sapper_arj
Superfast
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

But Louise,

I do not have a TV with speakers!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Wouldn't it be good if VM were to issue a statement like this:

The V6's six tuners need a power level of at least 85% and SNR of at least 34 to consistently deliver audio/visual content of the right quality but there is an issue when the V6 is connected to certain sound systems; this is logged as reference x and we will provide an update on y date.

But this notoriously uncommunicative company just won't say anything.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
dante01
Well-informed
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Wouldn't it be good if VM were to issue a statement like this:

The V6's six tuners need a power level of at least 85% and SNR of at least 34 to consistently deliver audio/visual content of the right quality but there is an issue when the V6 is connected to certain sound systems; this is logged as reference x and we will provide an update on y date.

But this notoriously uncommunicative company just won't say anything.

It isn't quite the reply you were hoping for, but there does appear to be a reference for the problem:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-box-sound-dropouts-driving-me-mad/m-p/3444393#M...

Is NKE00009301 the same issue as what is being discussed here though and what was the firmware version at the time and what will the version with a fix be?

I think I've found out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/NKE00009301-Status-Update-please-Virgin/td-p/35658...

So there's no progress and the issue is now over 12 months old.

And there's still the question as to whether the Dolby Digital output reverting to PCM has anything to do with this or whether this issue is a different one and not related. I've seen other users experience the Dolby Digital reverting to PCM issue posting on other boards so I'm not alone.

flashforward
Joining in
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Had Virgin installed 4 days ago. Have noticed issues with sound. Sound clicks and dips every 20 seconds or so for less than a second at a time. Quite aware of the issue and very annoying. Box is connected to Sony TV via HDMI. 

had Sky previously with no issues. Any idea when this issue will be fixed as I’ve found numerous other threads with people reporting the same issues. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi flashforward,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have tried to check your V6 but it's currently showing offline so I'd like just like to check whether it's switched on at the moment?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
flashforward
Joining in
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

Thanks for getting back to me. The box has been on for some time. I originally set up this account for when I had Virgin Media in Stevenage - now I am in South Wales - are you checking the correct box? Though your post does refer to my V6.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
grdunn123
Up to speed
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

This was my original post that started the thread - Its 18 months old now and things don't seem to be any better as far as this is concerned. It's really time that VM came up with some cause and cure.
As I sit typing this my V6 box is on pause and every 30 seconds or so the picture flashes 3 times! Just another fault to add to the long list.
0 Kudos
dante01
Well-informed
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@grdunn123 wrote:
This was my original post that started the thread - Its 18 months old now and things don't seem to be any better as far as this is concerned. It's really time that VM came up with some cause and cure.
As I sit typing this my V6 box is on pause and every 30 seconds or so the picture flashes 3 times! Just another fault to add to the long list.

I think you'll find that I started this thread. The audio dropout  issue it concerns does however pre date this thread and has had other threads opened in relation to it. The issue still remains unresolved.

0 Kudos