Menu
dante01
Well-informed
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

V6 Audio Dropouts

Hi

I'm experiencing intermittent audio dropouts in association with most if not all the channels I use and the dropouts occur briefly several times an hour. My V6 is connected to a Yamaha RX-V1050 AV receiver via HDMI and set to the Dolby Digital audio output option. I've no similar issues in association with any of the other devices within my setup and it is just the V6 exhibiting this behaviour.

Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Audio Dropouts

Hi dante01,

Welcome to the community.

Intermittent audio using a sound system is currently a known fault that our engineers are working to resolve.

I have added a link here so you can check the audio settings but until this has been resolved I'd recommend connecting your V6 directly to your television.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing but we hope it will be resolved with future updates.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dante01
Well-informed
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I saw the ever growing thread relating to this issue plus a few others after I posted my thread to the board.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-box-sound-dropouts-driving-me-mad/td-p/3428197

The issue does appear to be a rather long standing one and one wonders as to how much progress if any the team investigating this have made? I'd have been less inclined to upgrade to the V6 had Virgin actually made it apparent such an issue existed and it is over 8 months since Virgin first made it apparent that they were aware of the situation. Do Virgin Media know what is causing the issue and have they a scheduled a deadline for issuing an update? When will they decide whether or not  the issue can be indeed rectified  via an update or not and tell those with this issue the outcome of their investigation?

Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi dante01,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, I can understand your frustration completely.

We don't have a fix time for this issue at the moment. When we get an update on this we'll let the Community know.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sapper_arj
Superfast
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

As you have admitted, your equipment is faulty, then clearly we should be recompensed for our frustration, surely?

0 Kudos
craigyb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have recently been upgraded to a V6 box and I'm suffering from audio dropouts as well. It is a known issue and I've even seen the reference number for the issue on another forum thread.

So getting a V6 box and SuperHub 3 so far have been very backwards steps for me.

1. The superhub 3 stopped me working form home because it block VPN access unless you completely disable the firewall and to get around this I had to buy a router with AC wifi to get a similar level of functionality as the super (not so) hub 3 and put the superhib 3 into modem mode.

2. Audi dropouts on the V6 box at random times.

3. V6 box was dead today after 5 days of use, responded to channel changes, but no display of TV. Checked with VM, no faults logged, ran tests on my box, no faults found. 30 seconds later my box rebooted on its own to the welcome screen and then "Starting Up"

So far less than impressed with my so called upgrades.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi sapper_arj,

Thank you for taking to time to post back in the Community.

As we have advised Intermittent audio using a sound system is currently a known fault that our engineers are working to resolve.

We would not be able to apply a credit for this as this issue is caused by having the 3rd party equipment connected.

We do our best to ensure our equipment to get to work along side 3rd party equipment such as sound systems but with new technology always being released that is not always possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you would like me to log a case to show your dissatisfaction please reply to the private message I have sent you. this cab be found in the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi craigyb,
Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.
I'm really sorry to hear you are also experiencing problems with your services at the moment.

I'm sorry you have had to get a workaround so you are able to work from home.
The V6 box should not be rebooting by itself for you, was this only time that has happened?
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
sapper_arj
Superfast
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise.

A week to reply, that itself is appaling!!

So despite you are admitting that there may be an intermittent fault in your HDMI audio, becasue I have to use a third party TV or amp to watch your picture, It is my fault?

Sorry, but I think I am missing something here??

Strutter
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You are not missing anything, this has been an ongoing issue with VM TV for years no over different type of equipment.

There is no "engineers" working on this it would seem as any half competent company would have had this fixed by now, and any half bothered engineering group would have been tasked to sort this in the time aollcated.

Putting it simply theres a lot of backlash growing even more as the V6 box has made things even worse and VM are the one that massively pushed these boxes for a roll out.

0 Kudos