cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 401 error

Weefifer
Dialled in

All of a sudden I can’t watch anything recorded on downstairs v6 on upstairs v6 and same for recording upstairs not viewable downstairs. I’ve checked  cables, all fine, rebooted router and both boxes but still can’t view recordings. I’ve checked network connections both say connected, ran diagnostics and port test failed. I’m not tech minded where virgin media is concerned how do I get this fixed. It’s a long line of problems over the past few months.

16 REPLIES 16

Now you are talking gobbledygook lol that is a bit beyond me, lol

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Weefifer,

Anytime you or an engineer perform a  factory reset to the hub then it defaults to Enable Channel Optimization. This factory reset would also remove the renaming of the SSID's to differentiate between 2.4 and 5G so that would need setting up again.

I received an email from VM a couple of weeks ago (image below) where they have optimised my connection.... I turned it off again using the method described in my previous post.

Intelligent wifiIntelligent wifi

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Bingo, yep, had 2 of them, so will definitely follow your instructions. Be tomorrow or Wednesday will need time to be prepared etc lol

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Weefifer, 

Thanks for your post, have you got an update since this? Do you need any further assistance? 

Zoie

Hi, engineer out today, problem with network and network engineer out this afternoon. It appears I am in one of the worst area’s for virgin, so can expect more problems cropping up. I sorted the 401 error by switching both v6 boxes off for 10mins and it works now, just a little lag between the too but at least I can see recording on different boxes.

Engineer here today, followed by network engineer so didn’t get to follow ur instructions but 1st engineer did. As I mentioned on my last post, sorted it by switching both boxes of for 20 mins.

Hi Weefifer,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am glad to hear things are looking better, as discussed on our private chat keep a eye on your Online Account under offers and upgrades to see if this shows as available to you.

If you do decide to go for our Intelligent WIFI Pods these can be ordered online.

Regards

Paul.