cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V53 error

t-c-w
Joining in

I now have an error code - V53 - on all TiVo boxes in my house for ITV3+1 (channel 174). I've rebooted to try and solve the problem - doesn't. I've also checked online and there are no outages in my area. As discussed earlier, I cannot phone to report any problems as my landline's not working due to a technical problem for which an engineer is booked on Monday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per error code help , this is likely a signal error.

You've not mentioned ITV3-SD, and if you have problems with ITV3+1, that channel happens to be on the same broadcast frequency and should also be affected (along with quite a few others)

If you have access to another phone, I'd suggest calling the status line on 0800 5610061 (to check for any area faults) , otherwise calling in on 0345 4541111 to report this. Brucie bonus, that if you already have a tech booked for Monday, they could probably deal with this at the same time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per error code help , this is likely a signal error.

You've not mentioned ITV3-SD, and if you have problems with ITV3+1, that channel happens to be on the same broadcast frequency and should also be affected (along with quite a few others)

If you have access to another phone, I'd suggest calling the status line on 0800 5610061 (to check for any area faults) , otherwise calling in on 0345 4541111 to report this. Brucie bonus, that if you already have a tech booked for Monday, they could probably deal with this at the same time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No, both ITV3 SD and HD are absolutely fine, it's just +1. Spoke to an adviser this morning who said that this code is being reported a lot in my area and they'll be sending somebody out on Monday to check locally. Miraculously, my landline's working again this morning so I've cancelled the technician for Monday. Thanks for the advice.

Hi t-c-w,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your service. 

Just to confirm was the engineer visit for your landline or Tv issue?

^Martin