Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: V401 error

Although those figures are good for a 2.4GHz WiFi connection, that WiFi band is very prone to interference from your neighbours.

I would, as a first step, connect that V6 to the 5GHz WiFi band which is less likely to suffer from interference, likely to have a higher connection speed but may have a lower signal strength.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Milo23
Joining in
Message 12 of 33
Flag for a moderator

An update. Been getting really fed up with the phone tech help and having to explain it all agai and again. But this morning the technician thought it might be a faulty Ethernet cable. Happen to have a spare I was sent so tried that. Good news is I can now access the recordings on the upstairs box from the V6 box in lounge. Bad news is that it’s still not working the other way around. I have been told my broadband has been reset and I have to unplug the box upstairs for a while and then connect to Virgin Media services. That should fix it but I am sceptical. Will let you know outcome. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the update Milo23 - please do keep us posted on how that goes and we can go from there. Both boxes must be switched on and connected to ensure the streaming works

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 33
Flag for a moderator

@Milo23 

Have you tried changing the WiFi-connected V6, as I suggested, to the 5GHz WiFi band?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Milo23
Joining in
Message 15 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Not tried that yet. Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks so much. 

0 Kudos
Milo23
Joining in
Message 16 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie. I have now reconnected the upstairs V6 after a couple of hours. Also connected to Virgin Media Services as directed. And it’s still not working! Same error message V401 😩

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 33
Flag for a moderator

@Milo23 wrote:

Not tried that yet. Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks so much. 

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Change Network Settings > Connect to WiFi > Search for WiFi networks > 

when you reach this stage, you should get a list of WiFi names (SSIDs) and you should choose the one which represents your 5GHz network.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Milo23
Joining in
Message 18 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi again

i have just come off the phone to the tech people. I have now been told steaming cannot happen using WiFi!!! Despite it working perfectly well when initially set up I am now told it has to be connected by an Ethernet cable for me to watch downstairs box recordings on the upstairs box. I have spent days on this and turned the various gadgets off so many times I’ve lost count! Arghhhh!!!! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 33
Flag for a moderator

You have been lied to.

Wifi is perfectly acceptable as long as you have a good, fast connection, generally on the 5GHz band as I have stated.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Milo23
Joining in
Message 20 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Ernie! I could hug you! All sorted. Thank you so so much for your patient help. Sandra

0 Kudos