cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V210 catch up and on demand not working

Jessie_Snow1993
On our wavelength

Hi I have been unable to receive catch up or on demand since the beginning of February when I took out a contract with virgin.

I have called support multiple times and every single time I am either told it will be resolved within 48 hours or I will receive a call from someone.
It is never fixed and I never receive a call.

The error code is V210

I have checked all wires are tight,

Rebooted the box and modem atleast 40 times over the last couple of months.

Been on all the online help forums, and every time it leads to me being told to give you guys a call.
So I call, and guess what...
You'll get back to me in 48 hours.

The service status for my area says there is no issues in my area.

Just got off the phone again for the 25th time (being charged for every call I make) to be told I will receive a call within the next 48 hours.
I spoke to them Wednesday just gone they said it would be fixed today. Guess what... it wasn't....

Probably the worst customer service I have ever received from anyone I have ever met.

I'm sure that if I missed a payment you would give me a call real quick.
I dont want no compensation, I dont want a cuddle, I dont want anything other than the service I am paying for each and every month.

Is there a solution before I end up speaking to the cancellation team.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok... now that we've worked out what's happened... I've flagged this post to the staff team to have a gander and see how this can be resolved.

I can't promise how long it will be, but hopefully sooner than it would be had you waited "in turn"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You mention about joining Virgin at the beginning of February, but also posted in the TiVo board. Unless you're a TV-only customer, I'd have expected you to have a V360 box.

Before anyone advises further, can you confirm which TV box you have? Check here if you're not sure.

Connectivity differs between the boxes, and so will the advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sorry. Im not so sure how it was posted twice. Im not very tech savvy. 

Its a v6 box. 

Thanks. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No problem - I've moved your post to the V6 board.

A few basics to check then... Can you use streaming apps such as YouTube or iPlayer?

The V6 gets its internet connection (which is used for OnDemand & streaming) via your homehub, how is yours connected? I'll assume WiFi, but it may be helpful to confirm.

On your V6, can you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, this screen reports your connection status and (if applicable) WiFi strength. What is shown?

Also on the V6, can you follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > (top of screen> > TV Speed test. Does this complete ok?

It has been like this since we had virgin installed at the end of jan, start of Feb.  

The guy that did the installation said it would 'figure itself out in a little while and everything will work fine.

Catch up and on demand has never worked. 

So the v6 is connected to the home hub via an ethernet cable. They sit right next to each other.

All the cables are connected correctly, I went through and checked all the cables from the outside to the box and everything is good.

I have took a picture of what I see when I go to the network tab but it exceeds the file limit size so I can't post it. 

It says. 

Next attempt.. fri/23/04 23.28

Last attempt.. fri/23/04 17.51

Last status.. succeeded 

Ethernet connection details.. ip addr.. 192.168.0.10

Mac id.. CO.A0.OD.C7.2E.9F

When clicking on the help tab to get the TV speed test thing. 

It won't let me click

I get the message 

App temporarily unavailable.

The requested app is currently unavailable. (A01)

If this keeps happening call us on UNKNOWN from any other phone. 

For more info, visit virginmedia.com/tvcode

I just replied with an extra long message and it seems to have been deleted. 

I'm unable to access any apps. 

I can't access the help page either.  

It gives me the error code (a01) and tells me to call UNKNOWN... (not sure who that is)

The network page is accessible. And it shows ethernet.. my ip.. and mac id...

I did type it all out for you, but maybe it isn't allowed to be posted on here, hence why the message was taken down. So I wont do it again just incase.  

I have pictures but it won't let me post because they exceed the file limit. 

Thanks again. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All these errors sound account-related to me, A01 particularly. Having an Ethernet/Mac IP etc is a good place to start.

Shouldn't be any reason why long posts aren't allowed, and nothing's been taken down as best I can tell, but anyhow.

You may have already tried this, but on the network connection screen, have you tried using "Connect to Virgin Media services now" at the bottom? I have suspicions this won't work, but it's something else to eliminate. On the LHS of the same screen, the V6 should timestamp regular (6hourly ish) connections home, or give the reasons for failure.

After trying a "connect now", wait perhaps 20minutes and recheck the LHS in here - does it report success or a reason for failure? I'm sure you have, but can you also try a restart via Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart?

Sidenote: You've mentioned in your original post about paying when you call VM - if you're calling 150 from a VM phone, that's free. If you're calling 0345 4541111, that's a landline-charge call from whatever network you call from.

I'm going to be honest here - I think we'll do well to resolve this at the weekend. Forum staffing is minimal, and if C/S haven't resolved this in many sessions already, then I don't see any reason why another attempt now should be any different. Retry the suggestions I've given here - the reconnection checks primarily - and see where you are.

If necessary I can escalate this thread to VM forum staff for them to have a gander at your setup from their end, and this will at least mean you'll get a response on here quicker than you would otherwise. But it may well be early next week before that makes any progress, and I don't want to get your hopes up - but let's at least give it a shot.

I'm able to run the ' connect virgin media service now' with no issues.

My last time stamp was at 23.25 another due at 5.16am tomorrow morning. 

Last status says succeeded. 

I will try what you have suggested again. 

I just had a go at the reset where you hold the power button and the plus button at the same time while switching the v6 back on, it reset everything but still the same v210/a01 issue. 

I'm also receiving a c501 error while on search and discover. 

From what I have gathered over the last 4 hours of reading on the subject, I think I need an engineer visit, and possibly a new box. 

Atleast if an engineer is on site he will make a call and very likely have the issue resolved, where as I haven't had any joy for the last two and a bit months. 

I would be very grateful if you could forward this onto one of the vm team. That would be great. 

And thankyou very much for taking time out of your evening to try assist me tonight. I appreciate it. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So it's connecting ok but behaving like an account issue.

Going back to your first post, you mentioned having TV installed in February. Was this a brand new install, or were you previously broadband only?

I'm asking because VM have 2 TV platforms - TiVo-software (which TiVo & V6 run on) and Horizon/360 (which V360 boxes run on). All new TV-accounts since December-ish have been to the V360 platform, and although the V6 & V360 are the same hardware...I'm starting to wonder if there's a discrepancy between what you ordered, and what you've been supplied with.

Have you got any of your emails from when you first bought the package - do they mention either "V6 box powered by TiVo" (or similar wording), or "V360"? Also on the bottom of your box, on the serial-number label, is it manufactured by Arris or Humax?