Menu
Highlighted
Kiwi3637
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

V202 error

So today I had a new V6 box installed because my previous one stopped working on Monday. I have a TVio box in the bedroom as well. Now I’m getting this error code V202 in my V6 box but not on my TVio box and it seem there is nothing Virginmedia can do to solve this problem. This only started to day I never had the problem with my previous V6 box before it broke down. Could this mean I have a faulty V6 box again as I have tried everything that they have suggested and also everything suggested on these comments. 

0 Kudos
Looney76
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V202 error

It can take up to 48 hours from when the box is installed for catch up and on demand to work after 48 hours as passed try these steps:

1.reboot your v6 box

2. Once it’s rebooted go to HOME—- HELP AND SETTINGS—SYSTEM INFORMATION look for “Node Discorver Status” if it says Failed. Call customer services and let them know the fault code and the node discovery status. If it says successful move to step 3

3. Go to HELP AND SETTINGS—SETTINGS—CONMECT TO VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICES NOW.

4.once it’s completed this reboot the v6 again. If your catch up and on demand still doesn’t work after this reboot. Call customer services or get help from a member of the forum team on here.

I hope this helps.

I just like to help people!
0 Kudos
Kiwi3637
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all of those actions. They have sent out an engineer and he couldn’t sort it out. They are now going to send out another engineer on Tuesday. I have told them they need to get it sorted out this time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kiwi3637,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to hear about what's happening.

I'd just like to check whether this has now been resolved for you as you mention you had an engineer appointment yesterday?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kiwi3637
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

No the problem hasn’t been resolved yet and I doubt it ever will I’m getting annoyed because my neighbours don’t have any problems with their on demand and catch up  services and they are same block of flats I’m in so how this can be called a national outage is really beyond me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kiwi3637, 

What did the engineer advise exactly? Did they give a fault number for the issue you're having at the moment? 

Thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Kiwi3637
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

The engineer didn’t say much apart from it was a national outage he had never heard of the V202 code. All he did was check the input levels of the boxes and nothing else. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kiwi3637, 

I have found the ticket relating to that fault under reference F006232402.

The current fix time is today at around 17:00. If you still have trouble past this time please let me know. 

You are not the only one affected by this issue. We are working on a fix.

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Kiwi3637
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan

I’m still having problems with the V202 error it seem nothing can be done to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Kiwi3637
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

An engineer was meant to be coming out today to replace both V6 boxes but the engineer called me to say he wouldn’t be changing the boxes as his manager said it’s a national outage effclecting some of the v6 boxes on the network and all he was going to do is take the serial number of the boxes and pass them on to someone called Tony. This was done on the Tuesday when the engineer came out. It seems that the field support managers are overruling requests from customer services when it comes to keeping the customer happy. So now in the phone to disconnections team and they have checked the notes which clearly states to change the boxes. Plus they have checked with second line team who state on their notes if the V6 box can’t be sorted out with the reboot of the box then boxes need to be replaced. I’m now getting more and more annoyed with the service I’m getting from virgin. Just spoken to one of the field service managers who was as much use as a chocolate fire guard. I’m now waiting a call back from him after he has spoken to the engineer and his manager. I think it’s time to email the CEO of the company. 

0 Kudos