cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V box playback recordings juggery and pixilated

vincent3
Tuning in

I have two V boxes the one downstairs is the only one with the issue when I playback recoded programs it's juggery and pixilated very annoying and unwatchable I can record the same programme at the same time on my box upstairs and that plays fine, it's different channels and very random but still like I say very annoying

Thanks

Sue

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the affected box, check whether live TV works ok - that will prove the incoming signal feed.

Now pause a live programme and watch it delayed by perhaps 30 seconds. That's effectively a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @vincent3,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you have been having issues with your TV services.

Are you still having these issues with your recordings?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It seems to be when I try to record anything in HD that when it's replayed its all juddery, so I just now record stuff not in HD that seems to work

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both signal & hard drive faults have a habit of getting worse over time if they're not attended to.

Hard drive issues can also eventually cause your box to completely fail.

There's no need for you to tolerate service faults, too many people do and then complain when the problem gets worse!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @vincent3 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your recordings. I would like to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R