Menu
XtremeTi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V+HD to V6 upgrade Letter

With a TiVO box in the lounge. (main box). and a V+ HD box in a bedroom.

Having received a letter from Virgin, telling me I need to swap a box. The letter sends me to a web site, and clearly sets out the box swap is free.....

I have two issues:

1. As the new V6 is more advanced then the TIVO, would it be better to move the TIVO upstairs & install the V6 in the Lounge.

2. Once on the website, having logged in as far as reading FAQs (Can I get an engineer to install). Answer quotes £40 charge unless a V6 is already in the property then an engineer is required free of charge, would this free engineer also apply if a TIVO is in the property.

Looking forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+HD to V6 upgrade Letter

Firstly, do you have VM BB? The V6 "must" be connected to the VM Hub to work. If not you will be sent a Tivo. They are interchangeable as long as the V6 can be connected to the Hub - ethernet cable works best, wifi also works (if you have a good stable signal) at the box) or powerline adapters may also work

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
XtremeTi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Do have a BB Hub also located in bedroom, however all ethernet ports are already used

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If port numbers is the only limitation - an ethernet switch box will solve that - they are cheap.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
fredtheted
Superfast
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Install yourself, it's quite easy, and save yourself 40 quid.

0 Kudos
XtremeTi
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Is there any idea what the situation on the free V+HD box upgrades, following links online failed to work. as not long now to cut off date, I am starting to get a bit concerned.

And now being called by 08004089340 which i believe is VM which is silence when answered and from other posts on this community is classed as unwelcome calls and not trusted (note account has NO cold calling option selected)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@XtremeTi wrote:

Is there any idea what the situation on the free V+HD box upgrades, following links online failed to work. as not long now to cut off date, I am starting to get a bit concerned.

Wait till it stops working and then call it in as a fault saying that their equipment, which you rent from them, no longer works, please send a technician out to fix it.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi XtremeTi,

Thank you for your post. 

Have you discussed this with our team? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
XtremeTi
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

Not as yet, you are the first to contact me from Virgin. After receiving a free upgrade from V+HD letter back in january, I don't seem to be getting very far.

Also with regard to the silent cold calls as i mentioned in an earlier reply, three times today.

I hope you can help, looking forward to your reply

regards

0 Kudos
Jagster64
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having problems obtaining my new box, the phone team don't seem to understand what letter says and the online link, which I would prefer to use, doesn't work.

People are saying that, once I manage to get the box, it has to be connected to the hub, can this be via WiFi? - the hub is upstairs but the v6 will be downstairs 

0 Kudos