Menu
LouisYO30
Tuning in
Message 11 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using Virgin TV Go on a Samsung Smart TV

If I can access Netflix and Amazon Prime on our new Samsung smart TV, which is connected to our new Virgin Tivo box, what prevents access to virgin go in the Samsung browser on a different Samsung TV?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 37
Flag for a moderator

The answer has already been provided. The TV Go app is only available on mobile devices and can’t be cast to TVs. There is no app version for any smart TV. The browser version of TV Go will not run in any browser your smart TV might have.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
LouisYO30
Tuning in
Message 13 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Not a great endorsement of Virgin! Pure greed! For what you have to pay, they could at least allow one of the TV Go devices to be a smart tv. I would be prepared to pay a small fee for this, and sacrifice all the record and playback functions of the Tivo box. I just don't want to have another box plus cables etc in my kitchen, where I just want to watch BBC news in the morning and evening AND I DON'T WANT TO KEEP HAVING TO LISTEN TO THAT CRAP iPLAYER MUSIC WHEN LOCAL NEWS IS ON!

If you can't 'cast', my next try will be to connect from an iPad using HDMI, and use the tv like a not-so-smart tv.

Come on Virgin, please get your act together before you start losing customers.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Your iPad won’t work via HDMI either.

If you feel so strongly that Virgin Media are being greedy, go elsewhere (and find it’s the same elsewhere).

Virgin Media and other suppliers are businesses. If you don’t like their terms ....

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LouisYO30
Tuning in
Message 15 of 37
Flag for a moderator

You're a real charmer! I'm sure Virgin marketing are very happy having you represent their business interests. I too run a business, and if I treated my clients like Virgin does, they wouldn't be clients for very long!

All I wanted was some friendly advice, and I am not alone in how I feel. You don't need to reply any more.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I am not Virgin Media. This is essentially a community forum where customers generally answer first and Virgin Media staff respond in around a week.

You can’t do what you want to do so you should move on.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 17 of 37
Flag for a moderator

This is a community forum, the replies you are receiving are from customer not VM staff.

The answer Ernie has given is the correct one, whether you like it or not. If you want to watch VM on another TV pay the £7.50 per month like everyone else does. If not either stop complaining or get yourself another supplier.

jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 18 of 37
Flag for a moderator

tv companies and programme makers do not want you to do what you want to do. move on louisyo30. complain to them. that is the way it is and it won't be changing.
0 Kudos
Simon_on_tv
Just joined
Message 19 of 37
Flag for a moderator

The only way you can do this is if you have a PC / Laptop with HDMI cable connection to your TV.  I agree with the OP,  doing with an app would be very useful, but using a laptop is a reasonable work around.

LouisYO30
Tuning in
Message 20 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes, I agree. I just didn't want a laptop cluttering up the worktop. I think I'll forget about Virgin for this use case, and simply run a terrestrial cable from the aerial. Seems a retrograde step, but I have little choice.
0 Kudos