Usb on V6 box

davidroberts009
Joining in

How do you connect bluetooth headphones to a V6 box using a usb 4.0 dongle

16 REPLIES 16

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apart from using it as a charging point, the USB on the V6 is not used for anything else. The 3.5mm stereo audio jack & the optical audio out do work.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, unfortunately the USB on the back of the V6 isn't enabled, there is an audio jack on the back of the V6 though.

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Anonymous
Not applicable
you can't the usb is not enabled on the tivo

davidroberts009
Joining in

Good evening can you use the USB socket on the V6 Box  to connect to Bluetooth Headphones via a USB Dongle ?.

Anonymous
Not applicable
no the USB is not used and is disabled.

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidroberts009 Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

It appears your question was answered several times on Sunday in your original thread.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HI davidroberts009

They should be redundant ports so we would recommend just give it a try to see if it works Chris. ^Chris

You can get power out of the V6 USB - that's it!

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

davidm_uk
On our wavelength

Does anyone know how much power (mA) you can get from the usb port. It would be handy for powering an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K rather than having yet another cable and wall wart.