cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded where is my uhd

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

On Saturday I renewed my contract and upgraded to ultimate oomph. Am I meant to get sky cinema uhd? I'm under the impression I am. I contacted the live chat and they tried to charge me £6 a month. Is this right??

7 REPLIES 7

ozsat
Superstar

On 5th May 2021 VM said "Hundreds of Sky Entertainment Box Sets and Sky Cinema titles will be available to new Ultimate Oomph customers. Existing customers on Ultimate Oomph or any other bundle will be able to get UHD included in their package if they re-contract or upgrade to Ultimate Oomph." (https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/watch-sky-box-sets-and-sky-cinema-in-uhd-...)

But it seems to the code to enable it for free has to be manually entered and you have to find somebody at VM who understands what to do.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

You have to pay £6pm as only new Ultimate Oomph customers get Sky Entertainment and Cinema Ultra HD for free.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

You have to pay £6pm as only new Ultimate Oomph customers get Sky Entertainment and Cinema Ultra HD for free.

Not quite right I'm afraid, Roger. Don't quote me on the exact timescales, but when the UHD bundle was first launched at the end of Feb it was indeed only for new customers, existing re-contracts had to barter for it.

All that changed (I think) early May, when re-contracts onto UO got the add-on included.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You're right, it's people like me who'd have to pay £6pm to have this added to my contract.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bigkev3579,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

Have you upgraded your package? Do you still need our help with this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

Hi and thanks, I was cancelling my services and was talked in to staying with a saving. And I was upgraded from full house to the the new ultimate oomph. And I assumed that with being on the top tier would get the uhd on sky cinema on demand.

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly, @bigkev3579.

If you're at all unhappy with your current package and wish to discuss other offers and options then please reach back out to the retentions department by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline). I'm afraid we're unable to process upgrades or package changes from here. Sorry.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!